covered mini-suites on Discovery Princess

geejay

Port and starboard minis on decks 11,12 & 14 with the small 9ft x 4ft balconies will have cover from the deck above. The center angled balconies will have some cover. Balcony shade has more to do with the direction of the ship than from cover above. Look at the itinerary route and the sun's position at the time of year to maximize shade. 

• Like 2

My husband has to have a covered or at least a partially covered balcony.  My travel agent called Princess to confirm that the room we were considering was covered and they said it was.  Surprise!! It wasn't covered at all.  My husband who likes to sit on the balcony couldn't use it very often, unfortunately.  I wish there was a site online that had all ship information as far as covered or open balconies.  BTW, I wrote to Princess and never got a reply.  

47 minutes ago, juliet said:

My husband has to have a covered or at least a partially covered balcony.  My travel agent called Princess to confirm that the room we were considering was covered and they said it was.  Surprise!! It wasn't covered at all.  My husband who likes to sit on the balcony couldn't use it very often, unfortunately.  I wish there was a site online that had all ship information as far as covered or open balconies.  BTW, I wrote to Princess and never got a reply.  

What cabin?

On 7/21/2023 at 2:49 AM, SCX22 said:

None of the mini-suites on Deck 8, Emerald Deck have cover.  This is true for Royal Class ships, Majestic and newer.

Wow we always book deck 8 because they have been covered. Had 9 once and couldn't use the balcony during the day. Glad I saw this when looking for info on this ship. I see from another post they have some covered minis on higher decks. Will need to look closer at this ship or just check for other Princess ships we have sailed on in the past. Only looked at this for our sons and grandson looks like more for them to do on the larger ship.

4 hours ago, juliet said:

99.99% (or higher) of the people you will get on the phone at Princess have never set foot on a ship and don't know squat about the cabins. They should never claim to know what they are talking about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

99.99% (or higher) of the people you will get on the phone at Princess have never set foot on a ship and don't know squat about the cabins. They should never claim to know what they are talking about.

I've definitely experienced this to be true.  Also beware asking questions about Excursions...they will simply structure their answer in the way that they think you want to hear to decide to purchase the excursion, even though they probably have no idea.