LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

1 hour ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Has anyone ever seen gnocchi like this?  I’ve never seen it “browned” like this before.  It tastes dry and chewy.  Not a fan.  This is one of the items in the MDR this evening.  Not many choices; tilapia, low end steaks and the like.  I’m going to see if I can get the turkey. Maybe that will be better.🙏

IMG_0730.jpeg

That's how I usually make gnocchi dishes, don't like it boiled.  When I brown it there is a nice toasty flavor and it's not dry.  Sorry it was not better because it can be pan-fried well.  Your reviews and pics this week have been so lovely!  Wishing you all the best!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kabmab said:

That's how I usually make gnocchi dishes, don't like it boiled.  When I brown it there is a nice toasty flavor and it's not dry.  Sorry it was not better because it can be pan-fried well.  Your reviews and pics this week have been so lovely!  Wishing you all the best!

Thank you for chiming in about this.  I never saw gnocchi prepared this way before so I also looked online to see if that’s a common preparation method because I’ve never seen it personally prepared that way.  Evidently it is a way to prepare gnocchi like you said.  I just wish they would have indicated the style of prep in the description.  I wasn’t a fan of it probably because I was expecting it to be prepared traditionally.  It’s ok.  The turkey was actually really good.  It all worked out to be good in the end.  Enough complaining from me about the food.  Back to my quest for peace and relaxation 🙏🙏🙏

I’m so glad you’re enjoying this report. 😀 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, calicakes said:

Tilapia?  A farmed bottom feeder fish from Vietnam/China?  That seems like something Carnival would serve, not X.  I'm shook!! 

Times are tough...prices for fish in NY and Fla are through the roof, probably for cruise lines too.   We have seen much  Tilapia menu creep! Not a fish we would eat!  Also pasta is  nice as an  appetizer or salad but not an upscale entree item..

This week ..we are headed to Outback..steak and snowcrab  special!  Good prices!

• Like 2

Looking forward to getting back to our normal sleeping arrangements although the beds have been comfortable.

IMG_0735.jpeg

Are they open like that all the time..or is the bunk folded up by day.  Looks a bit cramped!

• Like 1

So I wasn’t going to post this picture because I look a wreck and was crying but I’m trying to keep it real.  There may be many people reading this that have been through a lot of trauma in their life like me. I  believe Phelesia was sent to me as an Angel this morning.  I wasn’t even sharing anything particularly detailed about my past but she shared with me that we must experience the emotions of our past traumas in order to move on.  Don’t hold it in she said!  “Tell Him you can’t handle it and need His help.”  I started to cry after not being able to cry for a long time.  I’m feeling a strange new feeling right now.  Peace.  God bless you Phelesia.

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, hcat said:

Are they open like that all the time..or is the bunk folded up by day.  Looks a bit cramped!

I posted a reply before but I don’t know if it went through because I don’t see it.  The steward puts the bunk up in the morning service and puts it back down at turn down.  This would be an issue if they go to once a day service.  We also have a chair to sit on so not too cramped.  It would be cramped there was a sofa bed out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, calicakes said:

Tilapia?  A farmed bottom feeder fish from Vietnam/China?  That seems like something Carnival would serve, not X.  I'm shook!! 

On the contrary, Carnival's MDR seems to have better seafood choices--including swordfish, mahi mahi, barramundi, jumbo shrimp and various salmon preparations.

• Like 2

I  believe Phelesia was sent to me as an Angel this morning.  I wasn’t even sharing anything particularly detailed about my past but she shared with me that we must experience the emotions of our past traumas in order to move on.  Don’t hold it in she said!  “Tell Him you can’t handle it and need His help.”  I started to cry after not being able to cry for a long time.  I’m feeling a strange new feeling right now.  Peace.  God bless you Phelesia.

Thank you for sharing this very personal moment. I believe there may be other people who benefit from hearing that same message today. God bess both you and Phelesia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I wasn’t going to post this picture because I look a wreck and was crying but I’m trying to keep it real.  There may be many people reading this that have been through a lot of trauma in their life like me. I  believe Phelesia was sent to me as an Angel this morning.  I wasn’t even sharing anything particularly detailed about my past but she shared with me that we must experience the emotions of our past traumas in order to move on.  Don’t hold it in she said!  “Tell Him you can’t handle it and need His help.”  I started to cry after not being able to cry for a long time.  I’m feeling a strange new feeling right now.  Peace.  God bless you Phelesia.

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

may peace be with both of you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

I posted a reply before but I don’t know if it went through because I don’t see it.  The steward puts the bunk up in the morning service and puts it back down at turn down.  This would be an issue if they go to once a day service.  We also have a chair to sit on so not too cramped.  It would be cramped there was a sofa bed out.

sounds like a workable plan