Here's an age breakdown of Virgin Voyages sailors (passengers)

CineGraphic

36 minutes ago, Freelancer3 said:

10 VV cruises all 7 days or more - 1 evac at the dock of a port.

Similar to what we have seen.   We had a delayed disembarkation as all "sailors" had to wait until a medical disembarkation was completed.   We also saw a number of passengers choose to disembark at a port after a single rough day at sea.  This was the transatlantic and they were concerned that the rest of the voyage would be rough.  Their loss--the rest was lovely, and there was one rough day out of the 14.

43 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

This was the transatlantic and they were concerned that the rest of the voyage would be rough.  Their loss--the rest was lovely, and there was one rough day out of the 14.

During the crossing I seem to remember someone stating that some of those who disembarked early were Virgin employees/brass who had no plans of making the entire crossing.

Edited by CineGraphic

6 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

During the crossing I seem to remember someone stating that some of those who disembarked early were Virgin employees/brass who had no plans of making the entire crossing.

It is true that a number of crew members were scheduled to disembark, but we are personally aware of about 10 sailors who made arrangements to disembark and Sailor Services told me it was nearly 100 sailors who got off.

There was another huge changeover of crew when the ship arrived in Miami.  I was up at about 5 am and saw a long line of crew seeming to be there for. a check i process. The nice thing was that several months later, many of the crew we'd gotten to know during that first voyage were back on the ship.

• Like 1