Changing booking

Phaedra_11

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I have a question in relation to the issues in this thread.  I have a cruise with some nice perks such as early booking OBC and a great add on price for HIA, bought onboard with a FCD.  Due to unexpected major household expenses I would like to downgrade my cabin.  What are my options?  What can I keep? I assume the FCD will remain intact.  Thanks for any insights.  

I would think it may depend on the conditions attached to the promo.

I recently downgraded a cabin for a cruise we had booked while onboard and didn't have any issues whatsoever.  It was from a Neptune Suite to a Vista Suite and I maintained all the on-board booking perks.

Your HIA price isn't dependent on any cabin category so I wouldn't think that would be affected at all.

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

If you bought it separately, I don’t think you would lose it.  I assumed (you know what happens when you do that) it was in your booking.

I’ve referred before and kept what I had purchased.  Only if you have to be cancelled (new booking #) have I lost them.

Definitely talk to your TA - you might be ok 🤞 

Thanks.  I have her on standby to gather my wits - I was out visiting family the past few weeks.  I will call her tomorrow.  The cost savings might be worth “losing” the early booking OBC which would understandably be reduced, at least,  going from suite to a OV.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

I would think it may depend on the conditions attached to the promo.

I recently downgraded a cabin for a cruise we had booked while onboard and didn't have any issues whatsoever.  It was from a Neptune Suite to a Vista Suite and I maintained all the on-board booking perks.

Your HIA price isn't dependent on any cabin category so I wouldn't think that would be affected at all.

Thanks for sharing your experience, that sounds great. It was not any particularly special promo. 

Edited by Mary229

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I have a question in relation to the issues in this thread.  I have a cruise with some nice perks such as early booking OBC and a great add on price for HIA, bought onboard with a FCD.  Due to unexpected major household expenses I would like to downgrade my cabin.  What are my options?  What can I keep? I assume the FCD will remain intact.  Thanks for any insights.  

My different situation was I booked a 24-day cruise (R/T Boston) close enough in time to our last cruise, to get the OBC benefit (code ZCM?) for that. $300pp!!! plus $75 for using (6) FCDs. Last week I switched to the 35-day Voyage of Vikings. The FCDs shifted over WITH their $75pp, but the close-to-last-cruise perk did NOT. Cuz not soon after anymore. 

25 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

My different situation was I booked a 24-day cruise (R/T Boston) close enough in time to our last cruise, to get the OBC benefit (code ZCM?) for that. $300pp!!! plus $75 for using (6) FCDs. Last week I switched to the 35-day Voyage of Vikings. The FCDs shifted over WITH their $75pp, but the close-to-last-cruise perk did NOT. Cuz not soon after anymore. 

I am proposing to sail the exact same sailing, no changes to the actual itinerary or date.  I am just moving to a lower category 

• Like 1

My TA has an answer.  I would have been able to transfer all of my perks and purchases to a new cabin.  Unfortunately the sailing is becoming so full dynamic pricing has kicked in and OVs are now pricier than my Aft Verandah.  I will have to find another way to reduce expenses 🤷‍♀️

she is still checking on whether the AARP OBC can be applied.  

18 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

My TA has an answer.  I would have been able to transfer all of my perks and purchases to a new cabin.  Unfortunately the sailing is becoming so full dynamic pricing has kicked in and OVs are now pricier than my Aft Verandah.  I will have to find another way to reduce expenses 🤷‍♀️

she is still checking on whether the AARP OBC can be applied.  

Good news on the perks but not the pricing 😔 

That happened to me, too.  When DH passed away I was going to lower “our” Neptune Suite to a Signature suite / verandah.  The verandah was so expensive by then that it didn’t make sense to downgrade.  I’m noticing that a lot on the nice itineraries in Europe.  Between the exchange rates and price increases my cruises have gone up substantially - not down - by final payment date.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good news on the perks but not the pricing 😔 

That happened to me, too.  When DH passed away I was going to lower “our” Neptune Suite to a Signature suite / verandah.  The verandah was so expensive by then that it didn’t make sense to downgrade.  I’m noticing that a lot on the nice itineraries in Europe.  Between the exchange rates and price increases my cruises have gone up substantially - not down - by final payment date.

Same here.  My Ultimate Alaska is double what I paid.  Pent up demand on some itineraries I suppose.  HAL makes it so easy to book early and change if necessary there really is no reason to wait.  I buy FCDs onboard and use those

• Like 1