Can we rent bicycles at the Rangiroa dock?

YoPhilly

I've read that bikes are available to rent on Rangiroa but I can't find any information on it.  For those of you who've been there, did you see any rentals near the pier?  Any info would be appreciated.

23 hours ago, YoPhilly said:

I've read that bikes are available to rent on Rangiroa but I can't find any information on it.  For those of you who've been there, did you see any rentals near the pier?  Any info would be appreciated.

Yes there are bike rental places as you walk up the street from the tender location. None of the places have web pages or Facebook pages ... first come, first served

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Yes there are bike rental places as you walk up the street from the tender location. None of the places have web pages or Facebook pages ... first come, first served

Thanks!  I can see that you are one of the most helpful voices on this forum.  My plan is to bicycle to the public beach and swim in the lagoon.  I'll be snorkeling on Bora Bora, which I understand is the best anywhere.....my husband doesn't snorkel so we'll just spend the Rangiroa day chillin' by the water, then maybe go over to the lookout for dolphins.  I may bring my snorkel and mask to the public beach in case there's something to see from the shore.

Do you have any other suggestions for the day here?  Is there a restaurant near the beach?  I've read you can also swim right from the tendering dock - what's that like?  Thanks again.

53 minutes ago, YoPhilly said:

Thanks!  I can see that you are one of the most helpful voices on this forum.  My plan is to bicycle to the public beach and swim in the lagoon.  I'll be snorkeling on Bora Bora, which I understand is the best anywhere.....my husband doesn't snorkel so we'll just spend the Rangiroa day chillin' by the water, then maybe go over to the lookout for dolphins.  I may bring my snorkel and mask to the public beach in case there's something to see from the shore.

Do you have any other suggestions for the day here?  Is there a restaurant near the beach?  I've read you can also swim right from the tendering dock - what's that like?  Thanks again.

There are a few places to eat between the tender location and the public beach which is past the Kia Ora Resort. A good place to eat that is close to the public beach is Mitivai which is located at the top dive location.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, YoPhilly said:

When will you be there?  We would also like to rent bikes, so would love for you to post your experience?  Thanks!

Edited by gracebest