Bora Bora - are there water taxis to motus?

YoPhilly

Hi there.  First time to the South Pacific and I'm trying to find out how to get to one of the motus of Bora Bora for a beach day.  The ship is charging $130pp to take us over and back - nothing else.  I figure there must be water taxis or something like that available at the tender pier, but I can't find any information at all.  I've searched this forum, but came up empty.  Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  For decades, I've dreamed of swimming in that stunning lagoon, and I want to make the most of my visit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YoPhilly said:

Hi there.  First time to the South Pacific and I'm trying to find out how to get to one of the motus of Bora Bora for a beach day.  The ship is charging $130pp to take us over and back - nothing else.  I figure there must be water taxis or something like that available at the tender pier, but I can't find any information at all.  I've searched this forum, but came up empty.  Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  For decades, I've dreamed of swimming in that stunning lagoon, and I want to make the most of my visit.

Yes there are water taxis  .... but  ... my guess is they won't allow you to access the motu without arriving on the ship's excursion. you might want to check first 😉

1 hour ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Yes there are water taxis  .... but  ... my guess is they won't allow you to access the motu without arriving on the ship's excursion. you might want to check first 😉

I assumed the Motus were public.  Are they privately owned?