Is My 12pm Flight Out Of Fort Lauderdale Doable ?

D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

We are scheduled to arrive at Port of Miami at 7am on Thur March 21/24.

Just received an email from West Jet that they have changed our March 21st non stop flight from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto to 12 pm from 3:20 pm.

if we self disembark is the 12pm flight doable ? The only other non stop flight that day is at 9:30 pm.

If you can leave the ship at 7am WITH your bags - don't put them out the night before.

How are you going to transit from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport?  

You are arriving on a Thursday morning and potentially hitting rush hour traffic.

You have at least a 30 minute ride if no traffic.

I personally would go for it.

Doable but not risk free. You might want to look at changing flights/airlines to either fly out of Miami or fly later out of Fort Lauderdale. As I understand the current regulations, if an airline makes unilateral changes to your itinerary, you are entitled to decline the change and insist on a refund.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:08 PM, Fouremco said:

Doable but not risk free. You might want to look at changing flights/airlines to either fly out of Miami or fly later out of Fort Lauderdale. As I understand the current regulations, if an airline makes unilateral changes to your itinerary, you are entitled to decline the change and insist on a refund.

We will only fly non stop and not as many options in/out Miami as Fort Lauderdale + a lot higher in cost. West Jet’s email told me I could accept change / modify it or get a full refund. I may call their customer care # since they are partners with Delta to see if I can fly with them if it suits.

• Like 1

We received the same email from West Jet yesterday, except our cruise returns on Friday, Mar. 15th. Not sure that rushing from Miami port to Fort Lauderdale airport during rush hour to catch a noon flight is worth the stress at the end of a vacation. We were told that because it is over a 3 hour flight time change (as is yours), that we could rebook onto the 9.30 flight without penalty. This is also March Break week, so we have to decide soon. We might just request the earliest disembarkation time, walk off with our bags and uber it directly to the airport. Barring a major traffic jam, it should work out. Good luck with your decision.

Should be ok with self-disembarkation.

Miami is an important turn-around port and they are used to many ships coming in to offload passengers.  There are lots of taxis, ubers, shuttles, etc. to take people to MIA or FLL.