Junkanoo Beach

hazeleyes46

It is easy walk maybe 15-30 minutes depending on how fast you walk.  Just follow sidewalk at Senor Frogs and go past Margaritaville.  Lot more vendors now than few years ago and the Fish Fry is just beyond the beach on same route.  I always walk by and go to Fish Fry for a Kalik then head to my favorite bar for a few hours. Hope you find what you are looking for.

It is if you enjoy walking and it is flat but I wear a hat and you can buy water at Junkanoo, I am 75 and I walk everyday so walking is an activity I enjoy and if you get tired you can always hail a cab.

• Like 2

I plan on beer $4-$5 cracked conch $15-$22 depending on appetizer or full dinner, this is my budget for Bahamas, maybe others can provide prices for other items, I always walk by these places but then I go to Bearded Clam right at port for refreshments.  Have a wonderful time, I have not been since the new port is updated, only saw it during construction as I go every December and it was still in construction mode then. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also wondering where the best place to sit is.  We are the first of 4 ships to arrive.  Will this make the beach extremely crowded? I don't mind paying a little extra to rent chairs and what not and I always assumed this beach would be crowded.   Just weighing my options.  Goi g on the Glory in October. 

hard to tell how crowded it will be, but it is a long beach and do not think it would be so crowded 

there would be no place to sit. There are guys who will rent chair and umbrella and some just put a towel down.

Yes Junkanoo will be quite crowded as it is the one beach that is walkable.

If you want something less congested consider walking to the Jitney (bus) stop and going to Goodman’s Bay Park. Just $1.25/pp each way (have correct change) and easy to get a bus back.