Carnival Magic - Food questions!

mook1525

Hello!

I am getting so excited as I will be onboard Carnival Magic in 2 weeks.

I have some food related questions for recent Magic cruisers…

1. Can I order 2 burgers at Guy’s burger? 

2. Does Blue Iguana Cantina offer bowl of chips/nachos? Like as a snack? 

3. Is Lobster night still a thing? If so, which night on 6 night cruise usually?

4. I saw a news that late night snack will be back on Carnival ships.. does Magic offer it now?

5. I have early time dining at 6pm… my friend booked this cruise very last minute he has “anytime dining”.  Is there ANYTHING we can do to have dinner together in main dining room?

many thanks in advance!!!!

Anytime dining is easy on carnival. Both of you go to the Mdr, push the button and it matched me with a table within 10 minutes while I sat in the waiting area. Then the 2 of you walk up and show the table number. Carnival does this so much better than royal. I've often posted I wish royal would take lessons from carnival on anytime dining.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Anytime dining is easy on carnival. Both of you go to the Mdr, push the button and it matched me with a table within 10 minutes while I sat in the waiting area. Then the 2 of you walk up and show the table number. Carnival does this so much better than royal. I've often posted I wish royal would take lessons from carnival on anytime dining.

Hello!

sorry to bother you again but what do you mean by “push the button”? 

do you recommend talking to Maitre D on day 1 as soon as getting onboard? 

1 hour ago, mook1525 said:

I saw a news that late night snack will be back on Carnival ships.. does Magic offer it now?

Hi @mook1525🙂

Yes, late night snacks are available now on Magic.

⬇️ From 11:30pm to 1am ⬇️

20230725-145818.jpg

Magic072223-Day1a.jpg

20230725-143345.png

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

Hello!

sorry to bother you again but what do you mean by “push the button”? 

do you recommend talking to Maitre D on day 1 as soon as getting onboard? 

I love anytime dining. Are you sure you want to give it up? Unless its changed, on vista and breeze when I was ready to eat, I walked down toward the Mdr. The app computer finds you a table. 

IF you want to eat with strangers, there was a 2nd button you could push and sometimes it finds you strangers to eat with. Sometimes for dinner, it timed out and I was lead to a 2 top to eat alone. I have read where lately some matches took over 10 minutes. But you can sit and listen to music or whatever while you wait for the app to find a table for you. 

Anytime dining you eat when you want and it's set up as lots of mostly 2 tops. You and you friend might enjoy eating when you want together rather than at a set time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I love anytime dining. Are you sure you want to give it up? Unless its changed, on vista and breeze when I was ready to eat, I walked down toward the Mdr. The app computer finds you a table. 

IF you want to eat with strangers, there was a 2nd button you could push and sometimes it finds you strangers to eat with. Sometimes for dinner, it timed out and I was lead to a 2 top to eat alone. I have read where lately some matches took over 10 minutes. But you can sit and listen to music or whatever while you wait for the app to find a table for you. 

Anytime dining you eat when you want and it's set up as lots of mostly 2 tops. You and you friend might enjoy eating when you want together rather than at a set time. 

Yes, but they need to see the Maitre D so the OP can get switched to Anytime.

I just got off the magic 6 day Sunday and can answer all these for you. 

1. Yes

2. No

3. Lobster night is the 2nd elegant night and will fall on night 5.

4. Magic had late night snacks on our cruise.

5. Talk to the maitre d on embarkation day. He’s in the northern lights dining room on floor 3 at 12:30 to later in the day on embarkation day. We had friends that cruised with us who were late dining and got them moved to dine with us with your time. 

Hope you have as much fun as we did!

Edited by Scoreguitar
  • Like 1

One of you may need to switch your dining plan.  Anytime dining appears to use the Norther Lights MDR (ship forward), while the reserved dining times (Late and Early) use the Southern Lights MDR (ship aft).  I haven’t sailed on the MAGIC, but other ships I’ve been on take a similar approach (use different main dining rooms) for the Anytime and Reserved dining groups.

• 2 weeks later...