Group Bookings Celebrity Air

hampshirelad

Just booked a cruise on the Infinity 18th Nov Barcelona to Barcelona, flying from London.

Have been puzzled why I could not bring up our names and flight details on the Airline Website.

A very helpful person at planet Miami told me there is now a new system .Celebrity now make a group booking and you arrive at the airport with your Celebrity booking form and then your tickets and boarding passes and seats will be issued and allocated . You get no info before then. Sounds terrifying so has anybody else experienced this.

It gets worse. The airline is Vueling so if it can  go wrong it will. If we had a choice i would rather poke my eye out with a stick than fly with them.

36 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

Just booked a cruise on the Infinity 18th Nov Barcelona to Barcelona, flying from London.

Have been puzzled why I could not bring up our names and flight details on the Airline Website.

A very helpful person at planet Miami told me there is now a new system .Celebrity now make a group booking and you arrive at the airport with your Celebrity booking form and then your tickets and boarding passes and seats will be issued and allocated . You get no info before then. Sounds terrifying so has anybody else experienced this.

It gets worse. The airline is Vueling so if it can  go wrong it will. If we had a choice i would rather poke my eye out with a stick than fly with them.

I could be wrong, but I am thinking what you described may be true for specific cases--perhaps with this particular airline.  I hope I am right.

This isn't necessarily true for all circumstances or even for all tickets with this airline.I would not put any faith in what the FBC phone agents say. This sounds like one of two things. Either your flight is not ticketed yet which is likely since you are outside of final payment, or you have a fare like a Basic Economy fare that doesn't allow you to check in or select seats. 

From the Vueling website: 

If you choose the Basic Fare and don't add seat selection to your booking, you won’t have instant online check-in included. What does that mean? Will you have to pay to do it? No, it just means that you’ll have to wait until 7 days or 24 hours before the departure of your flight (check it at check-in) to check in online at no extra cost.

Then you’ll be able to access your booking to check in online: you’ll be allocated random seats without having to pay extra, and you’ll get your boarding passes. 

7 hours ago, hampshirelad said:

You should cancel the Flights by Celebrity and book them yourself. Unless you are saving so much money that it's worth the gamble....it's not worth the gamble.

• Like 1

Thank you for the many helpful replies. The flights are organised by Celebrity because in UK we then have what is termed a package.  This then puts the responsibility on Celebrity to get us to and from the ship from the UK. Since covid short haul flights in Europe have been besieged with outages making independent arrangements risky unless you allow plenty of wriggle room by arriving at the port the day before and booking a hotel for overnight.

Historically we always made our own arrangements,  but now there is a total lack of support when things go wrong.