Southeastern Caribbean Isles or Sunsets in the Lesser Antilles

Watchmen

Ahoy! First time poster. I’ve been on two Disney cruises with my wife and two teens. Now my wife and I are interested in sailing Virgin (just the two of us) in January or February. We have our eyes set on two itineraries, both seven nights:

Southeastern Caribbean Isles, which goes to Tortola, Pointe-a-Pitre, Bridgetown, Castries, St John’s, and has one sea day. 

OR,

Sunsets in the Lower Antilles, which goes to Oranjestad, Willemstad, Fort-de-France, and Basseterre, with two sea days. 

Please share any opinions you have regarding these itineraries or any of the specific locations. If you were me, what should you do?!

Thank you. 

Have you been to any of these ports before?  We've been to Tortola on DCL snd loved it.  That said, we love our sea days on VV, and it sounds like these basically are one port after another.  I'd probably look at cost and how the dates fit into my schedule.

You can get lots of hints about VV here--feel free to ask questions.  I'd suggest looking at some "Where's Walter Travels" YouTube videos.   We loved DCL, but VV is our "new favorite."  However, it is very different than other lines.  That's part of what we love.

• Like 1

I just found this thread, which basically asked the same question! My apologies if I was duplicative. From the feedback on this other thread, it looks like I can’t go wrong with either itinerary, but most preferred the Lower Antilles option. Still happy to hear from anyone else if you have any thoughts!

• Like 1

We picked Lower Antilles because we have stayed on Barbados for a week. These are both great itineraries. I’m pretty happy with the extra sea day as well. We have lots of busy travel plans until, so this will be a nice relaxing trip.

• Like 1