Kaanapali Beach - Reserve Chair/Umbrella Online?

sato

Is there anywhere in Kaanapali Beach, on the beach itself or short walking distance, where you can reserve chairs and an umbrella online ahead of time?

Our plan for the day we'll be in Maui is to Uber to Kaanapali Beach from the port, but I'd imagine plenty of other cruisers are thinking the same thing, and we don't want everything to be sold out. Is that a realistic risk?

I can't seem to find any options, and an old recommendation on here for the Kaanapali Beach Hotel doesn't appear to work anymore. Local vendors like The Snorkel Store and Boss Frog's don't look like they're on the actual beach, either?

First of all, will you be tendering into Lahaina or docking at Kahului?  If you will be docking at Kahului, figure about an hour's drive from there to Lahaina, and whatever Uber will charge for that.  If you tender into Lahaina, it is less than four miles from Kaanapali Beach, but you should have some idea of where you want to go there since it is three miles long.  We believe Snorkel Bob and several other companies will rent gear online.

We're tendering at Lahaina.

Is there some part of Kaanapali Beach you recommend? We were thinking near Whaler's Village, but really, the most critical part is getting an umbrella and chairs, preferably reserved online ahead of time. I saw Snorkel Bobs, but they don't have umbrellas.

Or is there so much avaiable that this really does't have to be reserved ahead of time? We'll be there in a couple weeks on a Monday.

Edited by sato

Aunties snorkel does rent umbrellas, but that would be a pain. You would need to uber/taxi to that location. Rent. Uber to Kaanapali. Repeat in reverse.  The bus will not allow you to ride with an umbrella. 

https://www.auntiesnorkel.com/maui-shop/maui-beach-rentals/beach-umbrella-rental-lahaina/

I am aware of two places that rent chairs/umbrella but not because I have first hand experience. I just walk the Kaanapali boardwalk often and see the signs. One place is in front of Kaanapali Beach Resort (but that was just rebranded an outrigger). Another is next to Whalers village area on the beach. I've also seen rentals down near the south end.

I think that @Princeton will have more detailed information for you. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 2:38 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

One place is in front of Kaanapali Beach Resort (but that was just rebranded an outrigger).

That's a real shame-- we've been away for a bit and didn't see this. Did some reading and looks as through they are going to change things like the HuiHui Restaurant which was a great addition to the beach and turn it into a Maui Brewing Co beach bar. The KBH always had its very own vibe that was a nice antidote to the corporate Marriott and Hyatt hotels along the beach-- Outrigger seems like a step in the wrong direction if they are going to dumb it down like it sounds like they are trying to. 

On 7/29/2023 at 2:38 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Another is next to Whalers village area on the beach.

In addition to the Kaanapali Beach Hotel you can also rent chairs at The Whaler (private condos but their Beach Hale is open to the public). Its a small hut near the entrance to their pool on the boardwalk. The other is at The Westin. The Whaler and Kaanapali Beach Hotel would be my choices as the beach in front of them is a bit larger (depending on time of year) than the Westin.

Keep in mind that while these places will rent you chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, snorkel gear, etc they will not provide towels or pool access to anyone not staying at them. You'll need to bring your own towels. There are plenty of shower stations along the boardwalk to rinse off that are accessible. 

• Like 1