Port Canaveral - Terminal 5 Parking Specific - Mariner of the Seas

Toddcan

Specific questions about Royal (in this case - Mariner of the Seas) sailing out of Terminal 5 at Canaveral.   This terminal is often for Carnival, so anyone who has sailed out of T5 on Royal please chime in.  Parking lot questions. 

We have the earliest arrival time booked(10:30am), so we're trying to plan what time we show up at the parking lot. I'm thinking we arrive at 9am, drop off luggage, park and get into the terminal 

1. I read a post from January this year that you USED to pay on the way out of the terminal and it was a long delay as each car lined up to pay. I think I read that this has changed to a "pay when you enter" system.  Does this mean you pay the full price when you get there, or you get a ticket and pay at a kiosk after the cruise before you get to your car?  Any recent cruisers out of T5 please chime in.  

2. What time does the parking garage open for access?  

3. What time do the doors to the checkin (terminal) open?

4. Is the luggage drop off inside the garage, or outside?

Thanks in advance! 

Terminal 5 is frequently used by Royal Caribbean (T5 is not often used by Carnival).  Nearby Terminal 6 is generally used by Carnival but rarely Royal ship has used that terminal.

Are you asking about T5 and had the neighboring terminals confused when you mention Carnival?  

We have parked in both garage 5 and 6 within the past year; both were pay at exit.

Here’s the Port schedule if it helps

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Sep-2023.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

42 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Terminal 5 is frequently used by Royal Caribbean (T5 is not often used by Carnival).  Nearby Terminal 6 is generally used by Carnival but rarely Royal ship has used that terminal.

Are you asking about T5 and had the neighboring terminals confused when you mention Carnival?  

We have parked in both garage 5 and 6 within the past year; both were pay at exit.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/CPA-Website-Schedule-Apr-Sep-2023.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

My mistake. I thought it was built for Carnival.   I am indeed asking about T5.  We depart from, and return to T5.   I think the pay at exit has changed in the past few months.  

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

4 hours ago, Toddcan said:

My mistake. I thought it was built for Carnival.   I am indeed asking about T5.  We depart from, and return to T5.   I think the pay at exit has changed in the past few months.  

Correct. It just recently changed to pay as you enter 

It changed to pay as you enter prior to our June Mariner cruise. They were still working on reconfiguring the automatic kiosks to collect payment on entry so there were employees with hand held credit card readers at the bottom of the ramp collecting the payments and handing out little date stamped dashboard receipts. 

It will be interesting to see how they handle B2B cruises because they only charged us for the 6 night cruise we were on, and never asked anything about any follow on cruises. We are doing a 6 night/8 night B2B on Mariner in October so I guess we will find out after that one how they handle B2B cruises or if they just charge us for the first leg.

I'm cruising out of Terminal 5 on Mariner in a few weeks.  I seem to remember that you don't enter the terminal at the same level that you drop off your bags.  Is that correct?  If so, then what level of the parking deck has the walkway to the terminal entrance? 

17 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I'm cruising out of Terminal 5 on Mariner in a few weeks.  I seem to remember that you don't enter the terminal at the same level that you drop off your bags.  Is that correct?  If so, then what level of the parking deck has the walkway to the terminal entrance? 

I would like to know the same thing. I will be traveling with a person in a wheelchair 

• Like 1