Where are taxis located when disembarking at Cruise Terminal (Fuerte Amador)?

nansi

We realize the port is still under construction and they are using shuttle buses but where would we find a taxi (or Uber) when we disemark from the Joy on Dec 6th. We need to get to the airport pretty early. 

I don’t think anyone knows yet what the status of the cruise terminal will be in early December.  If you are lucky, it will be finished and you’ll be able to get a taxi there.  But if it’s still not completed, or not sufficiently completed for taxis to be allowed in, you may well have to take a shuttle bus to another location. 

Doesn’t the Joy overnight at Fuerte Amador on December 5? Have you considered disembarking then (you might need to arrange that in advance with NCL) and spending that night in a hotel?  (I’m not sure how early is “pretty early” in terms of when you need to be at the airport.) Is NCL showing any airport transfers for Dec 6, and at what times?

You still have a few months to go here.  Hopefully, much more will be known before you sail.  

Thanks Turles06. We have a 10am flight. Plan on keeping our luggage and walking off as early as we can (6am to be on the safe side). Since Joy is already docked from the previous day, we hope it won't be a problem to disembark early. Thinking of booking an Uber in advance to meet us (somewhere). 

It would be great if the Terminal was done by then, but it's not looking too promising from what I'm reading.

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2023 at 12:36 PM, nansi said:

Thanks Turles06. We have a 10am flight. Plan on keeping our luggage and walking off as early as we can (6am to be on the safe side). Since Joy is already docked from the previous day, we hope it won't be a problem to disembark early. Thinking of booking an Uber in advance to meet us (somewhere). 

It would be great if the Terminal was done by then, but it's not looking too promising from what I'm reading.

We are on that cruise as well, and I'm stressing about our flights as well.  Ours is at 9:30 am!  I realize that the ship will overnight there, so hopefully getting off by 6 am won't be an issue.  Ship should have plenty of time to clear customs...LOL

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:11 PM, jeffregpuck said:

We are on that cruise as well, and I'm stressing about our flights as well.  Ours is at 9:30 am!  I realize that the ship will overnight there, so hopefully getting off by 6 am won't be an issue.  Ship should have plenty of time to clear customs...LOL

Please just keep in mind that if you are handling your own transportation to the airport you may have to take a shuttle bus from the pier to another location to get a taxi or Uber. It will depend on the status of the cruise terminal. 

Have you looked into an airport transfer through NCL?