Princess Plus - Double Booked

LDVinNC

This morning via the website I added Princess Plus to next summer's Greenland cruise.  Then, meandering around the site, I saw that my TA had already provided it - she had not mentioned it and it is not on my paperwork.  I did not get an error message and it shows pending on my credit card.  Can't find a way to cancel it on the website.  Do you think Princess is "smart" enough to realize I already have it and cancel what I did?  I will, of course, contact my TA tomorrow.

@LDVinNC, for all my cruises where I have a ‘pkg’ when I go to the upgrade page to add it or upgrade from plus to premier, it will show that I have ‘purchased’ that package, thus it will not allow you to double book or buy again. 

Are you sure your TA has provided the  ‘plus package’ which includes tips and WiFi or just the stand alone beverage package which unfortunately has the same names.

Edited by wallyj

It breaks it out as Plus Bev Pkg + Juice Bar, Premium Desserts, Medallionnet 1 Device Wifi, Crew Appreciation and 2 Fitness Classes.  Sounds like the Plus Package as it was before the new additions.  No mention of the "free" Room Service or casual dining perk.  Interestingly, the price shown is about $200 more than I just paid.

14 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

It breaks it out as Plus Bev Pkg + Juice Bar, Premium Desserts, Medallionnet 1 Device Wifi, Crew Appreciation and 2 Fitness Classes.  Sounds like the Plus Package as it was before the new additions.  No mention of the "free" Room Service or casual dining perk.  Interestingly, the price shown is about $200 more than I just paid.

You’d need to talk with your TA tmrw.

The new additions are not loaded on the

website yet in the booking engine. They are in the process of updating, I would hope.  

But, changes not in effect yet.  Coming soon.  

@LDVinNC, are you looking at your Travel Summary or other and seeing that the amenities of the ‘plus’ package say ‘compliments of XXX’ which is your travel agency?

This is unfortunately how Princess lists these amenities as they are not ‘gifts’ from your Travel agency. You paid to upgrade or the plus/premier fare when you booked. 

I am thinking you upgraded to plus then looked at your travel summary and see the wording saying ‘compliments from XXX’ and think you were gifted from your travel agent?

Call your TA and verify.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@LDVinNC, are you looking at your Travel Summary or other and seeing that the amenities of the ‘plus’ package say ‘compliments of XXX’ which is your travel agency?

This is unfortunately how Princess lists these amenities as they are not ‘gifts’ from your Travel agency. You paid to upgrade or the plus/premier fare when you booked. 

I am thinking you upgraded to plus then looked at your travel summary and see the wording saying ‘compliments from XXX’ and think you were gifted from your travel agent?

Call your TA and verify.

This seems a likely scenario.

33 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Call your TA and verify.

Yes, wallyj, this is indeed what it looks like in the Travel Summary.  If this is the case it should say "compliments of your bank account" and leave the TA out of it!  Hah.  I will check with the TA tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your help.