I’ve heard about:

• ·         Degraded dress code

• ·         Degraded ballroom experience

• ·         Any time dining

• ·         Various cost increases

• ·         Party cutbacks

Anything you’d care to add?

• Like 1

Introduction of the onboard "My Voyage" digital planner.

Muster drills replaced by scanning your keycard/boarding pass at your muster station.

New wifi/internet plans based on days rather than minutes.

New smaller format daily programmes.

Introduction of several new themes at the King's Court/Lido Alternative Dining venue (Nordlys, Riviera and Frontier). Retirement of several of the previous themes (Smokehouse and Aztec).

No more Godiva menu at Sir Samuels on QM2.

Michael Kors shop replaced by Liberty of London shop on QM2.

Toiletries now provided in reusable dispensers.

Welcome aboard sparling wine no longer set out in an ice bucket in Britannia cabins. Placed in fridge instead. Various brands now in use instead of Pol Acker.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Much to Mr K’s disappointment there were no strawberry tarts(!) available in the Chart Room on QV in June, our first time on Cunard since autumn 2019. 
However, being able to order an afternoon tea from the room service menu for consumption on our balcony was a welcome change. (Pretty sure this wasn’t available 4 years ago.). 
The evening menu in the Britannia restaurant has fewer choices (5 main courses as opposed to a choice of 8 when we last sailed.)

Port maps & information were not provided alongside the daily programme.

Certain items in the cabin like cotton wool & ear buds are now provided on request rather than being left automatically in the bathroom. 
Key cards were left in envelopes in the “fan” rather being issued at check-in. 
For the first time ever, I found the Pol Acker quite drinkable! 
The cabin fridges are now empty except for the sparkling wine, so more space for your own drinks although you can still buy a package of certain drinks if you want. 
The ship’s photographers are back but much less in evidence (eg they didn’t come into the restaurants.) 

• Like 2

Actually some changes are very welcome -

1) Muster being scan your card at the muster station, and watch the safety video in your room. No need to waste an hour waiting for everyone to be physically gathered at the muster station to hear the required safety announcements, and nobody dangling the lifejacket belts across the floor and almost falling over trying to put them on.

2) World Club and Senior Officer parties returning to the ships gradually.

3) In general My Voyage works - and you can check your account from the comfort of your room, or anywhere you have a wifi signal so reduces pressure of queues at reception desk, as well as book specialty meals from your phone/tablet.

4) Disembarkation direct from your room at the end of the voyage with no dense packed gatherings waiting for a call off time. Much better this way, and less likely to be next to people coughing over an extended period of time.

• Like 2

Thanks for the excellent and comprehensive responses.  Definitely some positive developments. 

One further question: Was the "to die for" hot chocolate at Sir Samuel's Godiva-based?

48 minutes ago, NE John said:

The hot chocolate mid-day both in the Commodore Club and Sir Samuel’s was excellent last month on QM2. Not Godiva anymore but made no difference. 

Thanks, good to know.

I will add that the on-line check-in now starts at 21 days before sailing as opposed to six weeks. Also, even in Queens Grill certain items have to be requested, such as a bar of soap, ice and a fruit tray if desired.

There are at least two things that have not changed for which I am grateful. A printed daily programme is still provided, admittedly less detailed than the previous version. There are computers available for those of us who don't have smart-phones. (Even if I had one of those mobile devices I would prefer to type e-mails on a real keyboard and view all sites on a large screen.)

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thanks for this information. I will be boarding the Queen Elizabeth in 18 days. I am a big Cunard fan, but this will be my first Cunard voyage since April 2019.

Is the afternoon tea in the Queens Room still excellent? 

I am looking forward to sailing with Cunard again.

Chuck 

Couple of more points this time related to QV from July this year

Service in MDR can be inconsistent, some time it will be efficient and attentive, other time you just sit there and wait, this is across all 3 meals ( B,L and D).

Purser and Tour office, instantly go on the defensive if you even try to raise a complaint, attitude is very much , well that the way it is. Almost if you don't like go somewhere else.

Quality of the food in the lido , in my opinion was not as good as I remember it pre covid and also not as varied.

New Gym equipment, certainly better that last year on both QE and QV.

34 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Thanks for this information. I will be boarding the Queen Elizabeth in 18 days. I am a big Cunard fan, but this will be my first Cunard voyage since April 2019.

Chuck 

Yes, I thought so when we were on QV in June. Lovely cakes especially.

Enjoy your trip! 

21 minutes ago, Poole Boy said:

Couple of more points this time related to QV from July this year

Service in MDR can be inconsistent, some time it will be efficient and attentive, other time you just sit there and wait, this is across all 3 meals ( B,L and D).

Purser and Tour office, instantly go on the defensive if you even try to raise a complaint, attitude is very much , well that the way it is. Almost if you don't like go somewhere else.

Quality of the food in the lido , in my opinion was not as good as I remember it pre covid and also not as varied.

New Gym equipment, certainly better that last year on both QE and QV.

Though I’ve rarely experienced it, I don’t think the lack of charm from the Purser’s staff is new. People have been complaining about it for years.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Chuck 

Last month on the QE we found the afternoon tea in the Queen's Room to be back to normal.  In June of  last year the tea was a disappointment. For one thing, the finger sandwiches were often stale. We were pleased that the overall experience of our cruise was better this year.

I think you will have an enjoyable experience.  

4 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

Last month on the QE we found the afternoon tea in the Queen's Room to be back to normal.  In June of  last year the tea was a disappointment. For one thing, the finger sandwiches were often stale. We were pleased that the overall experience of our cruise was better this year.

I think you will have an enjoyable experience.  

Hi, 

Thanks, this is great to hear. Afternoon tea is one of my favorite activities aboard the Cunard ships.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I've never experienced any lack of charm whatsoever.

Indeed, some years ago, when my daughter in law was expecting, on a Sunday morning, when we were at the service, an urgent message was left for me.

I went to the Purser's desk and asked if they could use the sat-phone and call my son. They did. He had just become a dad and I had just become a grandfather.

After jotting down all the details, I told him that we couldn't talk for too long as it was costing a wee fortune.

I then asked the chief Purser if they could send the bill to my room, but he replied "Under the circumstances, there is no bill".

It was Veuve that night in our enclave in the QG.

• Like 7