Nieuw Statendam Beethoven Cabin 4134?

Thinking of booking cabin 4134 Beethoven Deck - obstructed balcony.  I know it's obstructed by a tender or lifeboat.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin or near it?  If yes, would you book it again?  Do you get some view of the water?  Quiet location?  I have searched Halfacts and reviews, but still am wondering if it is an OK choice?  It is about $500 more pp to get an unobstructed balcony cabin on deck 8 or similar.  And about $200 pp less for an inside.  Thoughts, please?

When and how long is your cruise? If 14 days or more, you could book the obstructed veranda, add Club Orange for $15/pp/pd (assuming it's still available... it's capacity controlled, $25/pp/pd on shorter cruises) and get bumped up to the highest veranda available. You can pick from any available cabins. You also get priority boarding, tendering and Guest Services line, Club Orange dining room and a special CO tote bag.

If I'm  a little off on the cruise days for the difference in the per day cost, I'm sure someone will correct me.

4134 is completely blocked - you get a little glimpse here/there, but the natural light is still there.

Agree w/ @yerdua about checking on availability of Club Orange - it will be less than the $500 upgrade and allow you to select any balcony class cabin. Personally, I would not save the $200 by going down to an inside cabin as the windows are still large so there is plenty of natural light.

Safe travels, enjoy your cruise!

Thank you both for your input on this potential cabin choice and the  suggestion of adding Club Orange, if available.  We have not done that before and I was not aware of potentially getting a better balcony cabin with that, as well.  This would be for a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise.  

8 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Thinking of booking cabin 4134 Beethoven Deck - obstructed balcony.  I know it's obstructed by a tender or lifeboat.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin or near it?  If yes, would you book it again?  Do you get some view of the water?  Quiet location?  I have searched Halfacts and reviews, but still am wondering if it is an OK choice?  It is about $500 more pp to get an unobstructed balcony cabin on deck 8 or similar.  And about $200 pp less for an inside.  Thoughts, please?

It is obstructed by a tender (tenders are larger/taller than lifeboats). And you would be in the middle of the tender, so not much if any looking at the water. Lots of sky! This gallery of pics of a nearby cabin:

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4142-nieuw-statendam/

Has a note that it was quiet and the tender blocked the wind. You would be centered on the tender, while they were a little closer to the front of the boat.

56 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

It is obstructed by a tender (tenders are larger/taller than lifeboats). And you would be in the middle of the tender, so not much if any looking at the water. Lots of sky! This gallery of pics of a nearby cabin:

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4142-nieuw-statendam/

Has a note that it was quiet and the tender blocked the wind. You would be centered on the tender, while they were a little closer to the front of the boat.

That was my post from the premiere sailing in December of 2018. I remember it was fairly close to the elevator. Hard to believe it was almost 5 years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

That was my post from the premiere sailing in December of 2018. I remember it was fairly close to the elevator. Hard to believe it was almost 5 years ago.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  Would Cabin 4099, 4101,4103 or 4105 be a better choice in your opinion?  Maybe a bit less obstruction due to being by a lifeboat instead of a tender?  The cabins are in the same class as 4134.  I would like a little less obstruction, if possible.  I will be happy to be able to sit outside and see some ocean.  We have sailed twice before on Nieuw Statendam.  Once we stayed in an inside cabin and once in an oceanview cabin.  Thanks again for everyone's input!  

I had the same question with when I was booking with my PCC on the sister ship Koningsdam.  She suggested the best "sleeper/unknown" cabins in the balcony category are V5048 or V5051 on Gershwin.  They are classified as "accessible" but not true wheelchair accessible cabins.  Unique layout and a super sized balcony.  Anyone ever stayed in one of those?

We were moved to cabin 4144 just a few doors down on our Transatlantic in April when my husband was isolated with COVID.  They save a few cabins in the area for the COVID people from inside cabins who are happy to just get outside and get fresh air.  I would not pay for that type of verandah as the view was overwhelmed by the tender.  For isolation it was fine.

IMG_20230419_185554098.jpg

IMG_20230419_191551713.jpg

Edited by Native Floridian 26

So I'm departing from other posters that talk about the tender/lifeboat in front of the view.  These are great value rooms and it is nice to have a balcony.  If YOU need to have the view from your stateroom, then you should get something else.  We do not look at these rooms as the end all of views.  When we have sailed to places where there is something of interest, like whales or going through the canal etc., we want to have the 360 view or the view that gets you closer to the view.  Just because it's a balcony doesn't mean there is a great view.  You might be on the wrong side of the ship.  Also, I don't know about you, but I don't pay to sit in my stateroom other than to prep for meals, and maybe sit out an read a book for awhile.  There are far better places on the ship to see the views.  So this is IMHO but maybe you are the person that would sit on the deck for a long time.  If so, then as I said, reconsider a stateroom with a better view.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AKJonesy said:

So I'm departing from other posters that talk about the tender/lifeboat in front of the view.  These are great value rooms and it is nice to have a balcony.  If YOU need to have the view from your stateroom, then you should get something else.  We do not look at these rooms as the end all of views.  When we have sailed to places where there is something of interest, like whales or going through the canal etc., we want to have the 360 view or the view that gets you closer to the view.  Just because it's a balcony doesn't mean there is a great view.  You might be on the wrong side of the ship.  Also, I don't know about you, but I don't pay to sit in my stateroom other than to prep for meals, and maybe sit out an read a book for awhile.  There are far better places on the ship to see the views.  So this is IMHO but maybe you are the person that would sit on the deck for a long time.  If so, then as I said, reconsider a stateroom with a better view.  

Thanks for your input.  I agree.  We don't spend much time in our cabin.  I did book Betoveen Deck, Cabin 4134.  I will be happy to be able to go outside and get some fresh air and have natural light.   Last time we sailed on NS we were in an Oceanview cabin, so this is definitely an upgraded cabin for us.  

• Like 3

On 7/31/2023 at 9:54 AM, yerdua said:

When and how long is your cruise? If 14 days or more, you could book the obstructed veranda, add Club Orange for $15/pp/pd (assuming it's still available... it's capacity controlled, $25/pp/pd on shorter cruises) and get bumped up to the highest veranda available. You can pick from any available cabins. You also get priority boarding, tendering and Guest Services line, Club Orange dining room and a special CO tote bag.

If I'm  a little off on the cruise days for the difference in the per day cost, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Thank you and Haljo1935 for the suggestion of purchasing Club Orange.  I decided to do it and we got upgraded to an unobstructed balcony on Deck 7 in the forward section of the ship.  My husband and I are  looking forward to  being able to dine in the Club Orange Dining Room and I am looking forward to enjoying the balcony.  Thanks for letting me know about Club Orange.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Thank you and Haljo1935 for the suggestion of purchasing Club Orange.  I decided to do it and we got upgraded to an unobstructed balcony on Deck 7 in the forward section of the ship.  My husband and I are  looking forward to  being able to dine in the Club Orange Dining Room and I am looking forward to enjoying the balcony.  Thanks for letting me know about Club Orange.

You're welcome! Enjoy your cruise!

9 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Club Orange is such a nice way to go.  Quiet dining room and more intimate.  I took it once without an upgrade just because it's such a treat.  On that ship, my favorite cabins are on the main deck, outside. Your view is on the level of the ocean and it's an easy stroll up the stairs to Club Orange and Dutch Cafe.  Great location. But, congrats on your upgrade and have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 9:36 PM, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Happy it worked out for you.

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

On 8/9/2023 at 7:49 AM, albingirl said:

Club Orange is such a nice way to go.  Quiet dining room and more intimate.  I took it once without an upgrade just because it's such a treat.  On that ship, my favorite cabins are on the main deck, outside. Your view is on the level of the ocean and it's an easy stroll up the stairs to Club Orange and Dutch Cafe.  Great location. But, congrats on your upgrade and have a wonderful cruise!

We stayed on the main deck in an Oceanview forward cabin the end of Feb. on NS.   I agree, it was a great location and very quiet.  Hopefully,  we will like being on Deck 7.