gaze into your crystal ball, will there be a labor day sale?

jonthomas

So far in 2023 it has been an unending stream of sales. One after the other. The 20th Anniversary, Extraordinary Savings, Summer, and more! I can't even remember some of their names. What was the one that added all the OLife extras? From Feb-March? Thinking the Summer ends 8/31/23? If so, I'd BET there will be one right after it ends. What it will be, who knows.

• Like 1

We benefitted with the Extraordinary sale, for two cruises we are doing in sept, alaska and pacific coast. A very nice reduction in price.

None of our other 8 future cruises were part of the Sumer Sale and still have a great deal of availability. So we are hoping that maybe some may be included in the next one. If not, not a problem since by booking at opening prices, we are happy with it. 

I hear you when you say, one sale after another. Not a good look for O. 

I booked our 2 Med cruises on Riviera in 2022 in lower-level cabins hoping for sales. So for one of them thinking I've moved up twice, once on a 2022 sale and then for the 2023 ESS. The other just once. We made out like bandits on the ESS for both. I mean, 10 nights in a B3 for $1749 PP and then 10 nights in an A3 for $1899 PP! Thankfully, a Baltic cruise was on the Summer Sale, so I booked it in addition to a different one I booked in early 2022. Used a 2022 sale to upgrade that cabin. The Baltic B2B pretty reasonable but not the ESS Med B2B steal!

For us, we might go G to C to B or A. Depending on sale!

I'm just fascinated that I could book all of the 2024 early in 2022 but now we wait till late 2023 for all of 2025. And there was no massive 2024 Collection of Voyages "book" as there was for 2023. I enjoy having the entire year and all the ship data in one "book".

• Like 1

Though for truly "savvy" we bought a ton of Euros in 2022 when the Euro hovered around $1. Now up to about $1.10. And I suspected the Turkish Lira would crash, as it has. Was 19 L to the dollar in January. Now essentially 27 L to the dollar today. Turkish Lira has lost 40% of its value since Jan 1, 2023.

I recall from prior interview, widely reported, with FDR, Sr., he said he would not be discounting just to fill ships, in comparison to RCL & CCL.

Seems to me, that once FDR, Jr. was named Pres of O, the heavy discounting ensued.  Appears to be working to fill berths.

• Like 2