🌳Drugs (WEED) in the Yacht Club Seaside 💨

PompeySailor

3 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

As far as I know I have never been in contact with it so I don't know how it smells. 

Go to New York City you'll soon find out!  There's a stoner smoking on nearly every street corner - at least that was my experience last year.

Catherine

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

As far as I know I have never been in contact with it so I don't know how it smells. 

That is a very good point . We travelers do NOT want to go on any cruise or "all inclusive" 'high end' resort and be subjected to illegal practices by other guests. Knowing that the vacation provider is doing something is reassuring that we made the right decision to book with them. Would appreciate more advertising this fact. After all these years (50) of not smelling the aroma of smoking "grass", we do not want to go on 'certain' cruise lines that are prone to such behaviors.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2023 at 11:11 AM, Morgsmom said:

And his response was to ask if I (I! ME!) wanted to move cabins. 

Not surprised, unfortunately. Nowadays even law enforcement lack support to act correctly. More and more it will be our problem (non smokers) instead of these poor souls trashing their bodies and brains, disrupting our trips. We will be moving cabins, apartments, even cities to be away from these people.

Not too far away, they will also require a lot of assistance due to unemployment and health issues - guess who is also going to pay for their "support"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, igorjrr said:

Not surprised, unfortunately. Nowadays even law enforcement lack support to act correctly. More and more it will be our problem (non smokers) instead of these poor souls trashing their bodies and brains, disrupting our trips. We will be moving cabins, apartments, even cities to be away from these people.

Not too far away, they will also require a lot of assistance due to unemployment and health issues - guess who is also going to pay for their "support"?

I fear that nothing short of another ship fire will be required to spur the cruise lines to action. Until then these self important (individuals) will continue to give the world the finger. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

I fear that nothing short of another ship fire will be required to spur the cruise lines to action. Until then these self important (individuals) will continue to give the world the finger. 

With news of the Paroc panels reaching the public, the cruise lines should do more to combat all types of smoking but unfortunately, the mentality of "...if it doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense..." rules the industry. 

• Like 4

On 8/2/2023 at 12:20 PM, alyssamma said:

Honestly, I think some of the reactions...mine included...are the way they are because of the hyperbole in your original post. Multiple caps, skunk in parens, emojis, etc. I couldn't tell if you were serious or joking. 

Yes, weed, as well as cigs  shouldn't be in areas where they aren't allowed...on ships or not. I think most agree with that.

Lol.  I enjoyed OP’s creativity in expressing the presence of WEED (skunk) emoji in  their YC Cabin and just assumed it was penned under the influence of second-hand WEED (skunk) emoji.  Or it could have been that good nights rest and calm.  I appreciate the post and glad they reported it.  

As a side note, for those of you who haven’t been to NYC lately…WEED (skunk) emoji is everywhere.  At the 7-11 store next to our hotel, I found myself in the middle of a drug deal as I got our morning coffee.  The dealer had a jar of buds and was trading right there, plain sight of everyone.  Not so funny…right outside there is a mobile NYC police precinct.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Lol.  I enjoyed OP’s creativity in expressing the presence of WEED (skunk) emoji in  their YC Cabin and just assumed it was penned under the influence of second-hand WEED (skunk) emoji.  Or it could have been that good nights rest and calm.  I appreciate the post and glad they reported it.  

As a side note, for those of you who haven’t been to NYC lately…WEED (skunk) emoji is everywhere.  At the 7-11 store next to our hotel, I found myself in the middle of a drug deal as I got our morning coffee.  The dealer had a jar of buds and was trading right there, plain sight of everyone.  Not so funny…right outside there is a mobile NYC police precinct.  🤷‍♀️

Which hotel did you stay in?

8 hours ago, travelwide said:

Which hotel did you stay in?

Holiday Inn Times Square at W 39th and 8th Ave.  the police precinct is right in front of the hotel and the 7-11 is next door.  It’s a good location…it’s just that weed has taken over the city.

• Like 1

Why would the Police station care? There are so many other things to worry about in NY. My cop friend was specifically told not to even bat an eye over weed or any transactions. Weed is legal and we just need to accept it. You don't have to partake but no need to bash those that do. My guess is at some point they will have weed humidors on the ships. (At least Carnival anyway)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mvh said:

Why would the Police station care? There are so many other things to worry about in NY. My cop friend was specifically told not to even bat an eye over weed or any transactions. Weed is legal and we just need to accept it. You don't have to partake but no need to bash those that do. My guess is at some point they will have weed humidors on the ships. (At least Carnival anyway)

I don’t believe it is legal for the dude in 7-11 to be selling weed.  I guess my point is…that it is sad that the police can’t/won’t enforce illegal behavior because there are no consequences.  I didn’t bash those who smoke, I simply stated reality.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I don’t believe it is legal for the dude in 7-11 to be selling weed.  I guess my point is…that it is sad that the police can’t/won’t enforce illegal behavior because there are no consequences.  I didn’t bash those who smoke, I simply stated reality.

J walking is also illegal, should that be enforced? Why waste the cops time busting weed sellers? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mvh said:

J walking is also illegal, should that be enforced? Why waste the cops time busting weed sellers? 

J walking is not a thing on a ship though 

We didn’t have someone selling us weed in our cabin or on the ship

Smoking weed at 7/11 in NY is legal, it’s not legal in a cabin on ship 

see where this is going, back on track 

Weed is illegal on all Major Cruise lines

And to make a comment that weed will have its own room for future indoor onboard smoking use, that’s just a pipe dream from a weed smoking advocate 

(May I assume)

Case and point NY and MSC Seaside - comparing apples with blueberries 🫐 

maybe in the NY 7/11 street smoking website people are discussing weed being smoked in Yacht Club on MSC ships 

Standard Deviation is a very popular way of spinning way off from the original issue 🤯

• Like 5

On 8/2/2023 at 1:37 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

What do your readings tell you about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQXKhmLoLno

Words I never hope my budget will make me say

"What in the Carnival is going on here"

😅🤣😂

if we got unintentially dosed on our trip I'd be upset too, smoke of any kind (cigarette, vape, dope, fire, etc...) is not good for ones lungs or overall health and has the potential to trigger worse issues for those with pre exisitng conditions putting a hamper on ones vacay.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mvh said:

Your right (and that of your crew) to smoke weed ends where my nose begins.  

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 9:58 AM, PompeySailor said:

It was literally being pumped through the AC vent 

Technician confirmed 💯 and he knew before he even entered the cabin

If it can be confirmed that it is pumped through the AC vent, I am calling to upgrade to YC.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, lindyf said:

If it can be confirmed that it is pumped through the AC vent, I am calling to upgrade to YC.  

And I'll be kicking and screaming asking for a refund... Oh, wait, I was asked to move my cabin so that the Rastas next to me could light up at will.... ugh..... 

25 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

And I'll be kicking and screaming asking for a refund

Totally agree. Can't stand smoke, no matter the source. If there is nothing that affects other passengers, then I have no opinion. But smoke? Not for us.

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2023 at 9:42 AM, PompeySailor said:

Yacht club Drugs WEED (Skunk) 🌳

Tuesday night 11:30pm

Weed (Skunk) coming through AC vents into cabin, very strong and pronounced (Fresh)

Reported to night shift at. YC desk,

Temp Concierge staff called Engine room.

Technician arrived within 5 minutes, they confirmed WEED smell in the hallway outside our cabin and once in room also confirmed WEED coming through AC vents 

Deck 18

Technician said he had to confirm it was drugs (WEED) and not anything else.

Probably for safety that is not a fire or something else burning 🔥 

Which we totally understand 

We will await to see if anyone today mentions it to us or has an explanation 

I’m not expecting the world to become a better place overnight ☮️ or looking for a free cruise.

Yes (Weed) Skunk is in the Yacht Club 🌳 and the Pro users can sugar coat it all they  like, but it’s a safety Hazzard and not allowed anywhere on the ship.

And is illegal 

Maybe MSC need to do what Carnival are doing and have the K9 drug dogs onboard 🐶 💊 

Carnival PAX are coming to MSC YC to avoid getting busted on Carnival

Will update if we get approached from anyone and informed of if they were able to locate where the source of the WEED was coming from .

Maybe the YC Director or a senior staff member will have a chat with us 😉

Would be nice after 3 days to meet them 🤣

We slept much better last night as well and have awoke chill and mellow 🌳

The AC is currently pumping out normal air 👍🏻

looked at the timeframe you booked. This appears to have been a 4 day cruise. All I can say is DUHHHHH. You were on what is called a booze cruise. I usually avoid cruises shorter than 7 days on any cruise line for this very reason. 

On 8/30/2023 at 2:27 AM, UPNYGuy said:

looked at the timeframe you booked. This appears to have been a 4 day cruise. All I can say is DUHHHHH. You were on what is called a booze cruise. I usually avoid cruises shorter than 7 days on any cruise line for this very reason. 

Just because it’s considered a booze cruise doesn’t mean that there should be weed on it.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just because it’s considered a booze cruise doesn’t mean that there should be weed on it.

Considering how the AC system works, it very well could be a crew member. 

The air is not being sucked from room to room, but forced out after passing thru a set of cooling coils.