Benefits for signing up

Mr Sea Gull

I've been on several Princess cruises now and never needed to sign up with Princess before as its possible to do everything on the app or  using the booking reference to access the cruise personalizer.

I'm just wondering what the benefits are to registering, it says special offers but the cynic in me wonders how special those offers are likely to be.

Can you give me your views at tho whether its worth registering.

TIA

1 hour ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

I've been on several Princess cruises now and never needed to sign up with Princess before as its possible to do everything on the app or  using the booking reference to access the cruise personalizer.

I'm just wondering what the benefits are to registering, it says special offers but the cynic in me wonders how special those offers are likely to be.

Can you give me your views at tho whether its worth registering.

TIA

Please explain where and by whom you are being asked to Register ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

Please explain where and by whom you are being asked to Register ?

I think it’s probably a UK thing, since that’s where the OP  is located.   They have so many different protocols and rules and promos!

On the Princess cruises website it says Login or Register to create an account. 

Just wondering if there is any real benefit in doing this with as they say special offers as everything else can be done using the booking number. Really don't want loads of spam

2 minutes ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Just wondering if there is any real benefit in doing this with as they say special offers as everything else can be done using the booking number. Really don't want loads of spam

It just allows them to send you emails about new promotions, etc.  Same things you can see online.  They will send enticing emails to get you to book a cruise.  Registering also assigns you a Captain's Circle number.  If you are planning on a Princess Cruise, do you have a friend who can refer you?  Sign up that way and you both get a $25 (Whoopee) OBC when you book your first voyage.

• Like 1

Should you create an account with Princess, especially if you have cruised with them several times before? For me, the simple answer would be yes. Why? You'll see once you take the 5 minutes or less to create it.

They provide a lot of useful information about your past cruises, about any FCDs you currently have and if they are linked to a particular booking or available to secure a new booking, details about any cruises you currently have booked, and so much more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

I get it. I don’t want lots of Spam. But remember when you sign up you don’t have to accept any form of communication from them. You might miss out on offers but if you don’t want it, don’t get it.

one of the benefits of our Data Protection laws

we don’t have to remember to opt out if we don’t want the spam/offer email/texts etc. We have to literally opt IN 

once signed up however you can manage the app, your booking and your loyalty points much easier I believe 

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It just allows them to send you emails about new promotions, etc.  Same things you can see online.  They will send enticing emails to get you to book a cruise.  Registering also assigns you a Captain's Circle number.  If you are planning on a Princess Cruise, do you have a friend who can refer you?  Sign up that way and you both get a $25 (Whoopee) OBC when you book your first voyage.

@Mr Sea Gull, I did not go back and read your first post again.  You have already cruised with Princess.  You are signed up in effect.  You have a Captain's Circle Member Number.  They must have your Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Birthdate, if you have cruised with them. 

Sounds like what you are saying is that you have not logged into their website before.  Do you book own cruises or use a TA?  If booking yourself, you should be logging in so you get any Past Passenger discounts on cruise fares (or OBC).  

You should not be shy about getting setup with a website ID and Password.  You can then use the Princess Medallion App or the web version to get setup for check-in via pre-registration,  If you do this is can make check-in somewhat smoother and there are things you can do ahead of time, such as dining reservations.

You can login to Princess.com and pull up your profile.  In there, you have options for contact categories and you can turn on/off via snail mail, email and phone.

• Like 1