Veteran and AARP member

seaworthy1

23 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

The new AARP on board credit only applies to new bookings. Not sure about the Military one.

It is also for New booking unless you were previously approved for Military credit in late 2022 early 2023 before they changed over to the Sheer ID Process. Evidently previous approved Military is no longer showing up for them and you need to go back in andre-apply for the Military  credit with this new verification process.

4 hours ago, seaworthy1 said:

New to HAL.  Noticed on HAL's website if you could "verify" veteran and AARP status you could get obc.  I "verified" , now what?  How do I get the obc?

You can also get HAL discount gift cards on the AARP website: $450 for a gift card worth $500. That's a clear savings of 10%.

AARP

One can verify your AARP membership by using the HAL link, just type in AARP in the search area of the HAL website.  You enter your number and verification is provided instantly.  Make certain to include your Mariner number so it is associated with your account.  Once you book, under your Mariner number the OBC is applied  to your booking.  Only good once a year for a cruise.  The same for the educator offer.  

I verified both our AARP & my husbands Military status with HAL.  Both were verified in 20 minutes.  I then selected the cruise we wanted to take and put a 24 hour hold due to the fact that the AARP verification said to wait 48 hours before booking a cruise. I paid for the cruise in full yesterday (11/24/23 - 12/03/23 cruise dates.  Today, both credits showed up as OBC for this cruise. I didn't know about the AARP credit until I read about on the HAL boards.  Thank you too who every shared that information.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, seaworthy1 said:

New to HAL.  Noticed on HAL's website if you could "verify" veteran and AARP status you could get obc.  I "verified" , now what?  How do I get the obc?

If you log into your HAL account from the website, you can see if you are verified and registered. Go to My Profile. then Furure Cruise Credits. If you scroll down, you will find Onboard Credit. Your Military OBC should show up there. When you book a new cruise, it will automatically be added to your OBC.

So have any AARP Lifetime members been able to verify with HAL/SheerID?

I tried by submitting the requested info on the HAL site and was asked to upload a photo of my AARP card. I did so and received a response from SheerID that stated a date was missing on the card (presumably in the "VALID THRU" block) so they wouldn't verify. 

My card clearly states "Lifetime" in that space and apparently SheerID can't handle text where they expect numerical input. They haven't yet responded to my ****** message.

Any suggestions?

* ***** = What's this foolishness? (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

19 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

You can also get HAL discount gift cards on the AARP website: $450 for a gift card worth $500. That's a clear savings of 10%.

Anyone know how Canadians can get these card. I can't find it anywhere on the AARP site.

8 hours ago, Ka Honu said:

... my ****** message.

Any suggestions?

* ***** = What's this foolishness? (That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Oops, I did a no-no. I thought explaining that the apparently prohibited acronym stood for "What's This Foolishness?" would pass but apparently overestimated either the abilities of CC's guardian computers or the tolerance of our human masters.

"Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa."