Weather transatlantic England to New York 9/4 - 11

Well, it is the middle of hurricane season 🙂

On QM2 the 'Terrace' [deck 8] and 'Splash' [deck 6] pools are somewhat sheltered if the captain puts the relative wind over the bow. I have seen folks using the hot tubs and pools even in fairly boisterous windy conditions - but there was no lounging before getting in or after coming out [and more than one towel was lost overboard].

We tend to use the spa pool - weather is not a problem there, and Mrs Bear likes lounging there or up by the deck 12 'Pavilion' pool .

Since you are from the US, my assumption is you're departing UK in September, not April.

Westbound transits tend not to follow the shortest Great Circle, as they would be bucking the current, so tend to favour a more southerly routing. However, as previously noted, you are crossing the Atlantic about the height of the Tropical Revolving Storm season, so the master will follow meteorological routing recommendations to avoid the dangerous quadrants of any TRS. 

Have crossed the Atlantic many times and never experienced the same weather twice. Could be nice weather, but you could also experience the tail end of a TRS, or an early season frontal depression.

We have done many TAs but never this early in the season. Most of ours have been either April, October, or November. In those cases, bathing suits aren't really appropriate, but in your case, I would say, take 'um and wear 'um. Weather coming back to NY in still early September, will be mostly warm.

Cheers

Len

Crossing the North Atlantic is always a big question mark.  I have seen it as calm as a mill pond and as violent as a hurricane.  On average…and don’t quote me lol…you should experience moderate weather and fairly warm temperatures 60’s-70’s in early September.  But then again…???