Move up - how many levels offered?

phoenix_dream

We haven't booked lower than Aqua since move up started,  and always get all levels of suites except Penthouse.  Wondering if you are in a cabin level lower than Aqua, do you receive move up offers for higher cabin levels and all suites, or only up to a certain level?

I booked a GTY Inside at the beginning of cruising is '21 and my Move Up was only up to Aqua (which we won for $200). If I am booked in a Veranda or higher, I normally have all higher cabins available in Move Up...at least that's what I remember.

4 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I booked a GTY Inside at the beginning of cruising is '21 and my Move Up was only up to Aqua (which we won for $200). If I am booked in a Veranda or higher, I normally have all higher cabins available in Move Up...at least that's what I remember.

Interesting.  Thanks.  I wonder also if the bidding amounts (minimum,  middle,  etc,) are the same for everyone regardless of their original cabin or are they adjusted to compensate for the fact that higher level cabin passengers are already paying quite a bit more.

12 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

We haven't booked lower than Aqua since move up started,  and always get all levels of suites except Penthouse.  Wondering if you are in a cabin level lower than Aqua, do you receive move up offers for higher cabin levels and all suites, or only up to a certain level?

I’ve been wondering the same. 

Just now, phoenix_dream said:

Interesting.  Thanks.  I wonder also if the bidding amounts (minimum,  middle,  etc,) are the same for everyone regardless of their original cabin or are they adjusted to compensate for the fact that higher level cabin passengers are already paying quite a bit more.

That's a great question and one that I can't answer. I would assume that if you booked a Veranda and the bid for a Sky Suite was $1000. An Aquaclass bid for the same suite should by all accounts be lower...say $600 but I really don't know.

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I can confirm that the bidding amounts are different according to the classification of your current booking.

In April I was managing bookings for our room as well as my SIL/BIL.     We were in a CS     and they were in a Aqua.   The bid amounts from an AQ were substantially higher. 

• Like 1

Another data point - 

We are booked on a V3 on a trans-Atlantic - 

My choices are all between Sunset Veranda to AC staterooms. In addition to six different Suites, the highest being Royal Suites.

This is all on Solstice Class ship.