Leaving ship early

luvn2cruzzz

Wondering what the possibilities are of leaving the ship earlier than the final destination.  This would be in LeHavre.  I know I would have to contact HAL to make arrangements but wondering if anyone has had this experience.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

and in this case your port immediately preceeding LeHavre would have an impact concerning immigration.

Wouldn’t it depend on if the itinerary is in the EU preceding that port or not?  Just curious on your post.  We visit LeHavre this year but we are in the EU once we leave Amsterdam until after LeHavre.

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Wouldn’t it depend on if the itinerary is in the EU preceding that port or not?  Just curious on your post.  We visit LeHavre this year but we are in the EU once we leave Amsterdam until after LeHavre.

Absolutely!  But as OP did not mention the itinerary I just wanted to point out that the preceeding port can be important.  As an example, Trans Atlantic from Florida with a call in UK and then onto Le Havre, may be problematic as the traveller has not entered either the EU or Schengen until disembarking in Le Havre.

We also don't know how the Schengen area ETIAS would affect this.

If it was a Med/Europe cruise with ports in Spain/Portugal/France etc etc, then there would be no immigration problem and only necessary to get permission from HAL.

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Absolutely!  But as OP did not mention the itinerary I just wanted to point out that the preceeding port can be important.  As an example, Trans Atlantic from Florida with a call in UK and then onto Le Havre, may be problematic as the traveller has not entered either the EU or Schengen until disembarking in Le Havre.

We also don't know how the Schengen area ETIAS would affect this.

If it was a Med/Europe cruise with ports in Spain/Portugal/France etc etc, then there would be no immigration problem and only necessary to get permission from HAL.

Oh completely agree that it depends on itinerary.

I would like to think the ETIAS will not be an issue once they are brought in - I believe that happens next year.  I thought they were just for entry into Europe on you original arrival but there is supposed to be something hooked to your passport, I think?  I guess we will find that one out in 2024.

1 hour ago, luvn2cruzzz said:

Sorry I was not very clear.  The preceding port is England so it may be problematic.  Prior to England, the port is France but I imagine that won't matter.  Thanks for your input.

In a way, that might not be a bad thing if you are not in a hurry.  That means you should have customs or at least immigration officers on board in that port.  It may actually assist you in getting off as one of the issues is having the personnel there to clear you.  I would contact HAL and see what they say.  If you have a TA or PCC,  let them do it for you.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

In a way, that might not be a bad thing if you are not in a hurry.  That means you should have customs or at least immigration officers on board in that port.  It may actually assist you in getting off as one of the issues is having the personnel there to clear you.  I would contact HAL and see what they say.  If you have a TA or PCC,  let them do it for you.

Thank you so much for your input.  I will ask HAL multiple times and hopefully will get the correct answer!