Largest inside cabins on Rotterdam

horseymike

Are there any? From what I have learned, the insides on the Pinnacle ships are not much bigger than linen closets. 
I'm a confirmed cave dweller, but on a Pinnacle class ship I want at least a balcony cabin. And it has to be an accessible cabin, since there are NO insides that have room for a scooter. ALL earlier classes do have such insides. 

• Like 1

There are 4 oversized category I rooms midship on deck 1 - #s 1111, 1115, 1124 and 1128. They would heave ample room to store a scooter provided it will fir through a standard cabin door width. They do not have an extra furnishings like a loveseat/sofa. Bathroom is standard. They are not ADA rooms. 

Here is a link to a video tour of one of them: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

There are 4 oversized category I rooms midship on deck 1 - #s 1111, 1115, 1124 and 1128. They would heave ample room to store a scooter provided it will fir through a standard cabin door width.

Thanks for the link. It does look like there is room to store the scooter at the foot of the bed. On the other classes of ships the door is not the problem so much as the narrow passage from the door, past the closets, and the bathroom door or wall on the opposite side. There isn't any room for a slight mistake in driving a straight line. I can't tell if that passageway on this ship is wide enough. 
On the Vista/Signature ships the insides on Main Deck have the arm of the couch, which is low and short, to get by. It works well. 

• Like 1

Absolutely the largest inside cabins , Thanks.

The only downside is BB Kings Jazz lounge directly above , we experienced that on the. Zuiderdam a few years ago , if the music doesn’t bother you it’s great.

In our case, my wife was unable to sleep because of the music , lucky for us there were other cabins available and the customer service and crew graciously relocated us at no extra charge to another cabin in an area that was considerably more quiet in the evening.

Thank you all again for your replies.

16 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@RuthC here is a picture of the entry. Ample room for a scooter.

That would work. But under BB King's? Ah, not so good, even if I am a night owl. I wouldn't want to retire early and have to listen to them. Too loud at their best! 
But the deck plans make it look as if BB King's is a tad forward. Hummm. 

But thanks for the pics. There may come a day. 

58 minutes ago, RuthC said:

That would work. But under BB King's? Ah, not so good, even if I am a night owl. I wouldn't want to retire early and have to listen to them. Too loud at their best! 
But the deck plans make it look as if BB King's is a tad forward. Hummm. 

But thanks for the pics. There may come a day. 

Looking at drag decks on cruisedeckplans, those cabins aren't under BB King's. But 24 and 28 are under a large unmarked space. No way I can tell what that is, but I do know I wouldn't book one of those without knowing what that space is. It might be no problem at all, but who can tell? I might book 11 or 15. Those are under the public hallway and near the shops. Those might be okay.

Those four large I category cabins aren't under BB Kings or any particularly noisy areas.  We've stayed in them and they're quiet. 

Having said that the extra space in them, while it is usable for storing a scooter isn't very usable for much else.  One of my pet peeves with the Pinnacle ships (and maybe my only one) is the cabins are all smaller than they were in the older, smaller ships and it is particularly true of the interior cabins. In order to get a cabin with any kind of seating area you need to book at least an Oceanview as there are no real usable couches in any of the interiors (yes, there are triples and quads but those have shoehorned in sleeper couches that really don't work as seating).  We decided to go back to the Eurodam this winter because the J category interiors have plenty of space and a nice corner couch in them - there is nothing like those on the Pinnacle ships.

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Thanks 1