Query re upgrading from Classic to Premium drinks - Aqua Class

westscot

We are working out whether the upgrade from the classic to premium drinks would be worth it. We are booked in with “All Included” with Aqua Class, which includes the classic drinks package, wi-fi and tips. 

If we pay to upgrade from the classic to premium drinks package, would we have to pay the 20% extra gratuities with the upgrade or would these be included still?

Thanks

We upgraded as I’m very particular with my wine. Still ending up buying bottles as weren’t really good enough imo on either premium & certainly not on classic. But I’m of the opinion that life is too short for bad wine! Think we paid the difference in tips.  

I know you didn’t ask but we also upgraded one WiFi package (2 devices) as we then saved a bit. We had elite discount as well. 

10 minutes ago, westscot said:

If we pay to upgrade from the classic to premium drinks package, would we have to pay the 20% extra gratuities with the upgrade or would these be included still?

If you purchase the upgrade, the gratuity percentage will be added to your upgrade cost at the point of purchase.

• Like 1

Yes, the additional 20% gratuity will be added to your upgrade, because the Classic Beverage Package came with the Always Included bundle.  Your determination as to whether the upgrade is value-added for you is determined by what liquors you desire.  For example, my DH likes Jack Daniels and it is not on the Classic package menu.   We also like going to the Martini Bar and World Class Bar, which host more expensive drinks than the Classic package limit.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, westscot said:

We are working out whether the upgrade from the classic to premium drinks would be worth it. We are booked in with “All Included” with Aqua Class, which includes the classic drinks package, wi-fi and tips. 

Thanks

It’s worth it to us. Check your cruise planner right now.  There are flash sales currently going on with a 50% reduction in the cost to upgrade on many cruises.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 7:00 AM, wineoclock said:

We upgraded as I’m very particular with my wine. Still ending up buying bottles as weren’t really good enough imo on either premium & certainly not on classic. But I’m of the opinion that life is too short for bad wine! Think we paid the difference in tips.  

I know you didn’t ask but we also upgraded one WiFi package (2 devices) as we then saved a bit. We had elite discount as well. 

Same with us.

Paid difference in tips for $9.99 drink pkg upgrade.

Saved money on the $4.99 wifi upgrade.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

We usually get the premium wine package, but when I inquired they did not have a 50% discount, so even with my Elite Plus discount I felt it’s not worth the cost. Do like better wines but we just pay the cost difference.  My times the sommelier only charged us for one glass even though he kept refilling our glass. The next night we weren’t even charged the upgrade. A nice gratuity was given

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Is there an elite discount if we upgrade to the premium beverage package?  Thanks.

Yes there is. It’s a 15% discount for Elites.  

Call the Captains Club to have them upgrade you and apply your discount. 1-800-760-0654

You can even use any OBC that you might have available to pay for it. 

• Like 1

@ebtrip I need to check but usually the sales are just for outright purchases, not upgrades.

So you're saying the upgrade is half off right now?

Also to the OP @westscot - Ithink you were asking if you'd have to pay the 20% on your original package.

You will only pay it on the upgrade portion. If the upgrade is $10/pp/pd you will actually be charged $12.

Edited by chamima

2 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Spoke with Celebrity this morning. Was told with the flash sale, elite discount would not apply.  Might try captains club to verify. Thanks.

But 50% is better than 15% - right?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Spoke with Celebrity this morning. Was told with the flash sale, elite discount would not apply.  Might try captains club to verify. Thanks.

I spoke to Captain club rep. Can only get 50% off plus gratuity. Will not combine Elite Plus perk

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

I just checked and the sale seems to be 5% off the upgrade price, NOT 50%.

$20 down to $18.99.

In this case the Elite Plus discount is still better.

It depends on your cruise.  I have three booked.  Two of them have the 5% off pricing, so the E+ discount is better.  One had the 50% off pricing.  And its been changing all weekend.  So keep an eye out, I think sale is on through tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

If you are wine drinkers like my DW and I the upgrade to Premium is a must. The classic wine choices are mostly bottles that retail for $12 and less and one we would never drink at home.

And the Premium wines retail for $15-$20....not much difference to be truthful. I don't really drink those at home either!

10 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

If you are wine drinkers like my DW and I the upgrade to Premium is a must. The classic wine choices are mostly bottles that retail for $12 and less and one we would never drink at home.

5 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

And the Premium wines retail for $15-$20....not much difference to be truthful. I don't really drink those at home either!

We don’t drink those at home either but we’ve discovered some good inexpensive wines on cruises. 
Catena (years ago) and just recently a pretty good Sauvignon Blanc that was listed as $50/bottle in a restaurant but $12 at Costco. 

IMG_3021.jpeg

• Like 1

I can normally find a decent white or two to drink with the Classic package but even with the Premium package, I have a hard time finding reds that I like. I was saddened when X reduced our bring aboard allowance back to 1 per person. We were bringing 4 nice reds from home and it was really working great for our meals. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josie201 said:

It depends on your cruise.  I have three booked.  Two of them have the 5% off pricing, so the E+ discount is better.  One had the 50% off pricing.  And it’s been changing all weekend.  So keep an eye out, I think sale is on through tomorrow. 

Here is the info on what sailings are having the flash sale on pre-cruise purchases. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Dive_Into_Savings_8_3-8_7_PCP_Flash_Sale.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Here is the info on what sailings are having the flash sale on pre-cruise purchases. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/CEL_Dive_Into_Savings_8_3-8_7_PCP_Flash_Sale.pdf

The key wording on that page is "SELECT sailings", even in that time window it is not every sailing.

22 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The key wording on that page is "SELECT sailings", even in that time window it is not every sailing.

Yes I know. But it does narrow down the sailing date window.  It’s for very limited upcoming sailings. Not sailings for like next year and beyond. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes I know. But it does narrow down the sailing date window.  It’s for very limited upcoming sailings. Not sailings for like next year and beyond. 

My sailing is for November 2024 and the Flash Sale is on it.