Nieuw Amsterdam - Nami Sushi/Tamarind

regan3

Is Nami Sushi a separate specialty restaurant from Tamarind?

Can you order items from Nami Sushi while dining at Tamarind or do you have to have a separate reservations to eat/order at Nami Sushi?

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, regan3 said:

Can you order items from Nami Sushi while dining at Tamarind or do you have to have a separate reservations to eat/order at Nami Sushi?

Thank you.

I’ve made reservations at Tanarind and then order off the Nami Sushi menu several times 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, regan3 said:

Thank you.

It's almost a part of Tamarind, separated just a bit, sort of to the side.

3 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

the OP references Nieuw Amsterdam. I thought Nami Sushi was only available on the Pinnacle class ships (Rotterdam, Koningdam and Nieuw Statendam) 

I was also wondering, tut I just checked their website, and it's also on the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam.

9 hours ago, kopykat said:

I’ve made reservations at Tanarind and then order off the Nami Sushi menu several times 

Ditto; I ordered a few pieces of sushi as an appetizer, then the rest of my meal off the Tamarind menu. They do charge you ($3/piece in my case) separately for anything from the Nami.

2 hours ago, PSR said:

Ditto; I ordered a few pieces of sushi as an appetizer, then the rest of my meal off the Tamarind menu. They do charge you ($3/piece in my case) separately for anything from the Nami.

interesting! I’ve been on both the Eurodam and NA Tamarind twice. All 3 times we made Tamarind reservations and sat there, but I added some sushi items from the Nami menu to my order, since they brought those menus as well.  BUT we just got charged the usual Tamarind cover charge.  Maybe I was just lucky! I assumed it was all covered if you paid the Tamarind charge but Pika maybe worked her magic 

5 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

interesting! I’ve been on both the Eurodam and NA Tamarind twice. All 3 times we made Tamarind reservations and sat there, but I added some sushi items from the Nami menu to my order, since they brought those menus as well.  BUT we just got charged the usual Tamarind cover charge.  Maybe I was just lucky! I assumed it was all covered if you paid the Tamarind charge but Pika maybe worked her magic 

We just got off NA on Sunday last and enjoyed Tamarind dining with 2 tween grandsons twice. Both times they ordered from both menus and discounts were calculated because they didn't really get a complete Tamarind meal. Sushi rolls they inhaled were just a few dollars each and they loved them!!  When it was all calculated, their combination choices came to about the same as the Tamarind fixed price. They eat like adults, if not more, so it wasn't a kids discount😄

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looking at the dining menus via Navigator for our upcoming Koningsdam cruise, the menu for Tamarind is identical to the menu for Nami.  Is this just a Navigator IT hiccup?  Absolutely no sushi is listed for Nami. 

Edited by Sea-n-Ease

6 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

Looking at the dining menus via Navigator for our upcoming Koningsdam cruise, the menu for Tamarind is identical to the menu for Nami.  Is this just a Navigator IT hiccup?  Absolutely no sushi is listed for Nami. 

Just a hiccup it appears.

Here is the new menu for Tamarind for my Nieuw Amsterdam cruise:  Nami Sushi Menu

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 2:14 PM, Ready2go11 said:

the OP references Nieuw Amsterdam. I thought Nami Sushi was only available on the Pinnacle class ships (Rotterdam, Koningdam and Nieuw Statendam) 

Well, it's just a bit different on the Pinnacle-class ships and the Signature Sisters.

On Pinnacle-class ships Nami is actually a separate (although within Tamarind) sushi bar in the sense that, like on sushi bars on land, you can sit at the bar itself, talk to the sushi chefs and watch them do their thing.

On the Signature Sisters there is not a separate sushi bar but there are sushi chefs and the Nami menu is identical to the one for the Pinnacle-class ships.  But you sit in the main Tamarind space.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AV8rix

It’s not really responsive to OP, but wanted to share a great anecdote from Nami Sushi on the NS.

My husband had to cancel on going to Tamarind on the night we had booked because he wasn’t feeling well.  Knowing how much he loves sushi, I asked the manager if they could create a “carryout” platter that I could take to him, so it wouldn’t feel like he had entirely missed out.

They created the most amazing mix of sushi rolls, sashimi, and accompaniments!  When I got it back to our cabin, my husband’s eyes immediately lit up.

The whole thing cost about 30 or 40 dollars for an amount of food that easily would have exceeded $100 near our home in Southern California.