OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK AUG 6-13,2023 SEASCAPE

morpheusofthesea

This is a 13 second clip of the not always locked entrance door to Top 19.   Having first gained entrance through this 'failed' to be locked door( or propped open with a cone), it is a short walk over to this stair case up to the YC OnePool deck. (DW uses wet naps when touching any ship board surfaces).

Edited by morpheusofthesea

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Having first gained entrance through this 'failed' to be locked door( or propped open with a cone)

Would a bit of silicone spray help that latch?

Where could that yellow cone be tucked away to prevent this abusive use of it?

2B9E5FE7-B148-4D96-955C-97C703259845.jpeg

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, jules815 said:

I wonder who put it there to begin with? @morpheusofthesea, did you move the cone?

No. That would require me to get up off my butt and go down stairs. I witnessed officer/staff/ guests all walking through and no one felt it was their obligation to move the cone. I have come to the resolution that as long as we are not affected, 'let it go'. Our butler came to us on the day of the Seafood Extravaganza knowing how overcrowded it gets with interlopers and friends and family and 'access' guests, and offered to give us his waiter service to our pergola and not stand in line. We thanked him, but told him we preferred to eat inside in air conditioned splendor of the YC restaurant. This is just one example of how the staff make up for the 'goings on' in the YC with 'over the top service' for those they recognize as true YC guests.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Having first gained entrance through this 'failed' to be locked door( or propped open with a cone), it is a short walk over to this stair case up to the YC OnePool deck

Along with the travel size silicone spray, I may consider bringing my own signs to post.

D51DA446-F7CA-46E1-BC8B-9A5F2425B2B7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Along with the travel size silicone spray, I may consider bringing my own signs to post.

D51DA446-F7CA-46E1-BC8B-9A5F2425B2B7.jpeg

This has given me an idea. 

If one were to have some signs printed on plastic advising that the area beyond this point is  reserved for Yacht Club guests only (or similar wording), how many such signs would be needed to cover all of the outdoor entry/access points?

Many things are better this cruise than 2 weeks ago. The passengers for one thing. It is not a circus. No drunk, frustrated guests hitting the elevator key pads. The elevators appear to be working a little better as guests are not pressing the key pad multiple times. When the elevator says 30 seconds to arrival, it has been 30 seconds. If key pad says 2 minutes, then guests take to the stairs. 

Asked our favorite performers when they were scheduled to perform (at what time) and they said they never know until the next day. Like Bruno and the Jazz Quartet, told us a day before that they were going to be playing again for a matinee in the Chora Theatre today and last night announced to the audience in the Loft Cafe that their Sinatra Tribute will be 10:30 pm in the Loft instead. This might have to do with a large group of Quinceaneras booking the Chora theatre. So for us 10:30pm is a little too late. Then there is this other Brazilian couple called Duo Music Show that perform at different times around the ship. When in the atrium he is on the guitar and she belts out songs, but when they perform in the Loft Cafe or the TopSail Lounge she uses her soft ,soothing angelic voice instead accompanied by his piano playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

When in the atrium he is on the guitar and she belts out songs...

I have a mental image of Ethel Merman with that description... 🙂

Glad the elevators are performing better this trip for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Everything's Coming Up Roses? 

Not quite. We were informed this morning that due to the past abuses perpetrated by Yacht Club guests inviting their friends and family into the YC venues where they do not belong and aggravated by the interloper situation into the YC there will no longer be any Seafood Extravaganza. It is relegated to the 'ash heap' of history.

11 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Not quite. We were informed this morning that due to the past abuses perpetrated by Yacht Club guests inviting their friends and family into the YC venues where they do not belong and aggravated by the interloper situation into the YC there will no longer be any Seafood Extravaganza. It is relegated to the 'ash heap' of history.

So once again the few have spoiled something for the many. Hope you enjoy the remainder of this cruise, sounds like you are!

• Thanks 1

In my opinion they should simply charge a daily rate of the price for the cruise from those passangers that they find in the Yacht Club that don't belong there and send them out afterwards. 

It is easy to identify them as most YC guests will wear their wrist band, and others can be checked for a cruise card. Even if one would come up with the argument that regular YC guest should not be harrassed by controls, i'd say that the staff nearly knows any YC guest anyway, since they are trained to and have to remember their names anyway.

Edited by surfrider34
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We were all set to book Seascape, but based on recent posts, we went with a 9 dayer on Holland America's newish Rotterdam instead.  

We haven't been on HAl since Eurodam was new/   It spends two full days in Aruba (which we like).  I'll let you know how we like it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, surfrider34 said:

It is easy to identify them as most YC guests will wear their wrist band,

What about all thoseYC guests that give their wrist bands to friends and family residing outside the YC? Then there are those that intimidate their friends and family into the YC when they have multiple cabins inside and outside the YC.