Is this upgrade worth it?

benkon

We are booked on an upcoming Infinity 7nt. sailing in a Prime Aqua Class (Deck 11).  Were offered to place a Move Up bid for an Aqua Sky Suite.  From searching available cabins, the suites available would be 6130 or 6132 (assuming no other movement).  These look like their right above the life boats and don't exactly have private balconies - they are adjacent and on the angle of the bump out.  

Since it's a Move Up, we'd get the amenities of the Sky class, but not the Perks.  So, we already have the AQ all-inclusive (Classic/Wifi/Tips).  

I'm thinking our current location might be actually nicer than the suite location.  Does anyone have any advice on whether to bid or just leave well-enough alone?  I'd appreciate any feedback from cruisers who have had eitther stateroom type.

Thanks, in advance!!!

23 minutes ago, benkon said:

We are booked on an upcoming Infinity 7nt. sailing in a Prime Aqua Class (Deck 11).  Were offered to place a Move Up bid for an Aqua Sky Suite.  From searching available cabins, the suites available would be 6130 or 6132 (assuming no other movement).  These look like their right above the life boats and don't exactly have private balconies - they are adjacent and on the angle of the bump out.  

Since it's a Move Up, we'd get the amenities of the Sky class, but not the Perks.  So, we already have the AQ all-inclusive (Classic/Wifi/Tips).  

I'm thinking our current location might be actually nicer than the suite location.  Does anyone have any advice on whether to bid or just leave well-enough alone?  I'd appreciate any feedback from cruisers who have had eitther stateroom type.

Thanks, in advance!!!

I would stay, the main thing you would get is access to Luminae and the Retreat lounge, if this was an E class ship would be a different story since you would also gain access to Retreat pool area.   If your happy with location you have now I would stay, Blu is great dining and you already have access to the Persian Gardens being in Aqua.  Think of it this way, the money not spent on the upgrade can do some specialty dinners if wanted, even the chefs table etc.    

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

I would stay, the main thing you would get is access to Luminae and the Retreat lounge, if this was an E class ship would be a different story since you would also gain access to Retreat pool area.   If your happy with location you have now I would stay, Blu is great dining and you already have access to the Persian Gardens being in Aqua.  Think of it this way, the money not spent on the upgrade can do some specialty dinners if wanted, even the chefs table etc.    

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

If you have an aft balcony on deck 11 those balconies are larger and provide a little overhang above.  The cabins along the side don’t have any overhang so the balconies are exposed to the elements.  I would keep a aft cabin.   Not a fan of those along the side.  

Persian gardens on the M class aren’t as nice as those on the S and E class.   We went once and no longer bother when in AQ on the M class.

Those Aqua sky suites are a little larger than the other sky suites. They are a few feet deeper.   The balconies are also a little larger because of the angle.   When we were in them we didn’t  have any privacy issue.   All of the balconies are very shallow.  

The SS also have a combo bathtub shower.   The ceiling is rather low over the bathtub and it is a high step over to get into.  

The advantage of the suites are the private embarkation and priority disembarkation, Luminae and the Retreat Lounge.   Plus the extra space in the cabin.   Lunch is available on all sea days in Luminae and embarkation day.     

Only you c/m decide it the extra cost is worth it.   Even though you place a bid it isn’t a guarantee that you will get it. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Actually 6131 and 6132 are usually in very high demand because of the huge balcony which also offers partial shade.  And good views both forward and aft.  The lifeboats are there a couple of decks below but do not really block your views.   We like these suites a lot.  You might want to look for videos on these M-Class suites and you might decide to grab 6132.

Whether to upgrade the final decision would come to you.

If I was in the same position, I would place my bidding price based on my perceived value. If I get it its all great, but if I didn't it just means that what you paid for is worth the price and value.