Escape room question

I was previously on the allure and am currently booked for the oasis. I never saw reservations available for the one on the allure and it’s not in my planner for the oasis. Am I just too late and it’s already sold out? 

15 hours ago, loungelady55 said:

This showed up under onboard activities about 40 day prior to cruise. I think they call it the Royal puzzle break.  Now it shows sold out even though it is complementary.

It is not complimentary. I reserved for $40 pp for oasis next week.

8 hours ago, Jt4428 said:

It is not complimentary. I reserved for $40 pp for oasis next week.

Just checked again, Says "Royal society of Puzzles" complimentary. The description is the break room and we have done this 2 other times.  really fun.  

44 minutes ago, loungelady55 said:

Just checked again, Says "Royal society of Puzzles" complimentary. The description is the break room and we have done this 2 other times. really fun.

When you did it 2 other times.. what ship were you on? Wonder seems to be free since it's barely an escape room but the other ships charge

2 hours ago, loungelady55 said:

Just checked again, Says "Royal society of Puzzles" complimentary. The description is the break room and we have done this 2 other times.  really fun.  

Ok I don't believe that and the escape room is the same. That may be some game in the break room.

You can book the escape room when you get on board Oasis. It’s really good - themed about a space launch. 

FYI you also have to book laser tag, skating in the ice rink, and the adult comedy show onboard as well, either through the app or by calling the box office. 

On 8/5/2023 at 7:03 AM, loungelady55 said:

This showed up under onboard activities about 40 day prior to cruise. I think they call it the Royal puzzle break.  Now it shows sold out even though it is complementary.

The puzzle break is more like an escape room in a box activity - not an actual escape room.  It was an activity (if I remember correctly) like "morning trivia" and was free to attend.  Everyone there breaks up into teams and then you get an envelope of clues and various things to help you through the overall puzzle.  There are other things in the room that you have to go check out to solve some of the puzzles.  I am being vague, because we have done it twice and it was the same both times, so I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that wants to try it.  It was a lot of fun and very much designed like escape room puzzles.  If you see the "Royal puzzle break" as an activity and you like puzzles, you may want to get there early and save yourself a seat.

As for the original poster - there is no escape room on Allure.  It was supposed to have one, but never got the upgrade.  For the ships that have them, they will show up on the app (after you board) and (at least before the pandemic) it was $20pp to sign up.  You had to sign up as soon as they became available because they sold out pretty quickly.  However, usually, there are several times throughout the week (or however long your cruise is).

1 hour ago, RCFirstTimer said:

The puzzle break is more like an escape room in a box activity - not an actual escape room.  It was an activity (if I remember correctly) like "morning trivia" and was free to attend.  Everyone there breaks up into teams and then you get an envelope of clues and various things to help you through the overall puzzle.  There are other things in the room that you have to go check out to solve some of the puzzles.  I am being vague, because we have done it twice and it was the same both times, so I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that wants to try it.  It was a lot of fun and very much designed like escape room puzzles.  If you see the "Royal puzzle break" as an activity and you like puzzles, you may want to get there early and save yourself a seat.

As for the original poster - there is no escape room on Allure.  It was supposed to have one, but never got the upgrade.  For the ships that have them, they will show up on the app (after you board) and (at least before the pandemic) it was $20pp to sign up.  You had to sign up as soon as they became available because they sold out pretty quickly.  However, usually, there are several times throughout the week (or however long your cruise is).

Oasis is $40 pp

3 hours ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Just paid $40pp on Mariner

I guess these have gone up like everything else Royal is charging for.  These are, however, some of the best escape rooms in terms of production quality.  Back when it was $20pp, it felt like a tremendous value.  $40, maybe.  We would probably do it.  (We have already done the Mariner one though, along with whatever ships have the Rubicon one.)

23 hours ago, RyderJ201 said:

Some like Wonder are just a room with puzzles in it. They never actually made an escape room on Wonder. Doesn't look like anything but a room. 

They actually did make an escape room on Wonder but it was designed for China, where Wonder was originally going to be deployed before Covid forced RC to change plans.

The room is bare because whatever they had designed for China wouldn't have translated to the US (literally). One of the remaining puzzles is even a bit confusing because it has aspects of how math is done in China.

In any case, this is why it's free (and bare) on Wonder. The crew member running it explained all of this to us after we "escaped" in June. She said that RC kept telling them they would eventually come and install a proper escape room but never did.

Despite the bare room, it was a lot of fun and quite challenging. We were told a very low % of groups actually finish all the puzzles. Best of all, the price is right, so I recommend trying it.

BTW, It also requires reservations even though it's free and filled up very quickly for my June sailing.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jt4428 said:

Funny I paid $10 pp in april on navigator. That's quite a jump. Going on oasis next week and paid $40 pp.

After reading you post I just went back and checked. I was actually wrong but not very wrong. It is 34.99. We did it last summer but I don’t remember what we paid. I can’t imagine I paid more than $20 pp. 

IMG_1222.thumb.jpeg.9dfba36235100f0216601d880cf33c3c.jpeg

13 hours ago, RCFirstTimer said:

Thank you, good to know.  I thought they just renamed.

On 8/7/2023 at 7:54 AM, RCFirstTimer said:

thank you! I am not an inexperienced cruiser so I was super confused on why we couldn’t find the escape room on the allure. It was on the signs. I just thought that I was stupid and couldn’t find it.

thanks for all the info!

On 8/12/2023 at 8:40 PM, EmiGirl826 said:

thank you! I am not an inexperienced cruiser so I was super confused on why we couldn’t find the escape room on the allure. It was on the signs. I just thought that I was stupid and couldn’t find it.

thanks for all the info!

We had the same thing happen on Allure.  We like the escape rooms and were ready to sign up because we thought Allure had one as many blogs and websites indicated.  We couldn't find it and finally asked at guest services where we found out there wasn't one.

• 4 weeks later...