Galveston cruise port hotel with Houston Hobby airport shuttle

marcyjane

Marcyjane, we've done it two different ways.  #1 Fly into Hobby and stayed at place near the airport that offered free shuttle service.  When we landed, we called them to pick us up and take us to the hotel.  Next morning had them take us back to the airport and took the cruise line shuttle to the port.  #2 Fly into Hobby and had booked a shuttle service in advance.  Once we landed we called the shuttle service to let them know we had arrived.  Met the shuttle and the driver took us down to our hotel in Galveston.  We took an Uber to the port the next morning.  

For us, it really depends on what time we are arriving at Hobby.  #1 we didn't get in until about 5 pm so staying near the airport and going down the next morning worked well.  I didn't want to get to Galveston at  6 or 7 at night.  #2 we arrived at Hobby earlier in the day and if I remember correctly, we got down to Galveston around 3pm.  It was a whole lot of fun that evening.  We walked to a place for dinner and that evening we sat around the pool area talking to all kinds of folks that were also cruising the next day.   

Can you post what you end up doing?  I am always looking for new information that may be helpful in my planning.

• Like 4

Las Vegascruising. How many shuttles does princess have going from hobby to Galveston port. We are arriving around 8:30am the day of the cruise. Just wondering if there is a time schedule or just when there is enough people arriving thanks for the info

@TrxiePixie I read on Princess website that their transports from both the airports to the ship have a meeting time of 10:00am. They also said where to meet at that time. I’ve looked at things so often since I booked that I can’t remember exactly where on the website I found that info. Sorry! 😵‍💫

41 minutes ago, Love2cruise#2 said:

@TrxiePixie I read on Princess website that their transports from both the airports to the ship have a meeting time of 10:00am. They also said where to meet at that time. I’ve looked at things so often since I booked that I can’t remember exactly where on the website I found that info. Sorry! 😵‍💫

So are you saying there is only one shuttle at 10:00 am from airport to the Galveston cruise port that doesn’t sound right. There must be other shuttles from the cruise line transfers. Thanks

I totally agree with you but that time is the only one mentioned.

Here is where I found it:

Go into your booking then click on Itinerary and look below the map to where they list each day and where we will be. On 01/07/24 where it lists Galveston, you should see View General Port Information in blue. Click on that and on the page that opens up, go down about half way (or a little more) to where it shows the approximate travel time to the port from each airport. The very next section talks about transfers on embarkation day. There it tell you the meeting time is at 10:00am and where in each airport.

Maybe someone else can share their experience with us and give some insight.

Yes I see that on there it does say 10:00 but I just thought that was for people arriving the day before and wanting to take princess shuttle on the day of. If anyone knows any different please inform us. Our flight gets in at 8:30 I think so we should be able to make it. Hope so. Thanks

Usually, the shuttles are round trip. So the same busses that bring the people from Galveston will then turnaround and bring people to Galveston. I wouldn't expect a shuttle to Galveston until at least 11:00. And if there is only one, you might be sitting there waiting for it to fill.