LaGuardia to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Yes_Dear

45 minutes ago, Yes_Dear said:

We have a 11:00 a.m. flight into LaGuardia, our boarding time is 1:00 p.m. Is two hours enough time? What is the latest we cam board for 3:00 p.m. cruise departure?

Usual limit is two hours prior to departure.  You are really taking a chance.

• Like 1

Does your flight arrive in LGA at 11am? If so then you should have no problem getting to the pier onetime. It has been reported that boarding time assigned by MSC isnt really followed. LGA is a short distance to the pier so even with traffic you should be there  well before 3pm

Edited by LImom

10 minutes ago, LImom said:

Does your flight arrive in LGA at 11am? If so then you should have no problem getting to the pier onetime. It has been reported that boarding time assigned by MSC isnt really followed. LGA is a short distance to the pier so even with traffic you should be there  well before 3pm

If 3:00 is departure time, the latest check-in time is 1:00.  That is when check-in counters close.

10 minutes ago, JAGR said:

If 3:00 is departure time, the latest check-in time is 1:00.  That is when check-in counters close.

I get where you are coming from, however when I was on the Meraviglia my assigned boarding was 2:30 even though I boarded earlier bc I was in YC. I guess I will have to respectively disagree, but I wouldn't want the OP to miss the ship so im glad he is looking for another flight to eliminate any issues.

Maybe this would be better if it were moved to the east coast departures board.

Edited by LImom

OP, seeing Jeffersonville as your location, I’d be on the very first flight out of SDF to any NYC airport (United to EWR or Delta to LGA). Preferably, I’d fly in the night before. Air travel has been rough lately. Delays and cancellations left and right.

18 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Agree with JAGR.  Land at 1100, still need to get off plane and get to baggage claim, get bags, get transportation.  Too close for comfort.  EM

I agree.

From growing up in the NYC metro area and living and working there as an adult, the only consistent thing you can say about traffic is that there will be some.  Sometimes the traffic will be flowing and sometimes at a stand still.

If the gods are smiling on you, it may take approximately a half hour to reach the cruise terminal from LaGuardia. If there is an accident, construction, or any other things that can be happen, settle in for a long period of time.

There is a reason that if you ask someone that lives in the area the distance to a location, the answer will be in increments of time, not distance measurements.

Howdy neighbor! We changed our Delta flight to the day before after the above comments. Hopefully with it being a non stop and just a little over 2 hour flight we won’t encounter too many problems 🤞

20 hours ago, LImom said:

I get where you are coming from, however when I was on the Meraviglia my assigned boarding was 2:30 even though I boarded earlier bc I was in YC. I guess I will have to respectively disagree, but I wouldn't want the OP to miss the ship so im glad he is looking for another flight to eliminate any issues.

Maybe this would be better if it were moved to the east coast departures board.

I would wager that if you were assigned a 2:30 check-in time, your sailing was scheduled for 5:00 or later that day.  The OP reported their sailing time was 3:00.  I stand by statement that 1:00 pm is the time they must be there.  It is moot now that they have rescheduled, of course.

@JAGR like I said before I respectfully disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinion.  I sailed on the same ship and departure time was 3pm as well. See part of the email I received prior to my sailing on 7/2. I am only going by the info that I received from MSC. image.thumb.png.2a984e137573b3afae2afa5da96d87e3.pngat 

54 minutes ago, LImom said:

@JAGR like I said before I respectfully disagree with you, but you are entitled to your opinion.  I sailed on the same ship and departure time was 3pm as well. See part of the email I received prior to my sailing on 7/2. I am only going by the info that I received from MSC. image.thumb.png.2a984e137573b3afae2afa5da96d87e3.pngat 

No, your check in and embarkation closed at 3 PM.

Your sailing time was at 5PM or later.

53 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

No, your check in and embarkation closed at 3 PM.

Your sailing time was at 5PM or later.

This will be my last post to this subject and I am only answering because I feel as though am being challenged. Here was my itinerary, and I believe that 15:00 is 3pm

IMG_2311.PNG

Look at the email you posted as giving instructions for check in and embarkation

In bold print and underlined is the statement that check in and embarcation closed at 3 PM sharp. 

That means according to the US DHS requirements that the passenger  manifest be submitted two hours before departure, departure must be at 5 PM or later.

MSC boarding times are notoriously inaccurate. I got emailed several changes in boarding times as late as 30 minutes before the advertised sailing to as early as 9:30a and the ship doesn't even zero until around 10 to 10:30a.

Yes, the manifest is due 2 hours before sailing so check-in does close well before the ship sails.