Club Balcony Suite versus Balcony

clojacks

4 hours ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

I know you are a LOT more experienced than I am, so are you saying the floor plans NCL shows on their site is wrong?  Because those pics all look like they are from club not normal bathrooms..  Since these are the ones NCL shows??

No. The floor plans you show are 100% accurate for a Breakaway/Breakaway+ class ship. The bathroom in a BA/BA+ class ship Club Balcony is a lot bigger than a BA/BA+ Balcony bathroom. We book the CBS on BA/BA+ class ships specifically for the bigger shower since we are older and less mobile and the bigger shower is easier for us than the transporter tubes in the BA/BA+ Balconies. (We sailed on the Encore in April in a CBS and the Escape in May in a CBS... and will be back on the Encore in a CBS in a few weeks). 

BUT,,, the OP was specifically asking about the Prima and was being given anecdotal information (like bathroom size) about other ship classes which was inaccurate for the Prima, which is what the OP was asking about. 

The CBS room space on the Prima is bigger than the Balcony. To me, the bathrooms on the Prima CBS and Balcony rooms look about the same, but I didn't actually take any measurements to validate that statement🙂. We sailed in a Prima CBS in October and Prima Balcony in December. And really didn't miss the extra few sq ft of room space when we were in the Balcony. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No. The floor plans you show are 100% accurate for a Breakaway/Breakaway+ class ship....

That's not what we had in our CBS on the Getaway. The pieces are mostly correct, but the layout is completely different. Our balcony was also bigger.

27 minutes ago, omahabob said:

That's not what we had in our CBS on the Getaway. The pieces are mostly correct, but the layout is completely different. Our balcony was also bigger.

For BA/BA+ ships, the layout can be either bed near balcony or bed near closet for the Club Balcony Suites. The balcony size can also differ greatly. If you add the aft-facing Club Balcony Suites, those are even more different.