Live from Ventura

SarahHben

I agree with what everyone has said great reading about your cruise shall miss not having them to read.

Lovely photos brought back many memories of previous cruises for us.

After your positive attitude I'm now looking forward to Ventura in October

Thank you again for taking the time to post 👏👏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you all for your lovely comments 😊

much appreciated 

Thank you Sarah for sharing your cruise with us.

I have enjoyed reading the reports and the photos.

Wishing you a nice last morning on Ventura a safe journey home.

Graham 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, Fionboard said:

One last question Sarah. Does Ventura still have those horrible little TVs ?  Even the small ships have large screens now! Safe journey home. 

It’s still the small tv’s I’m afraid.
That didn’t bother us at all as we only used it for the safety video and the navigation channel. I understand that isn’t the case for other people though. 

• Like 2

On Saturday morning we were awake early so went down to Saffron for breakfast around 6:45, there was already a small queue but we were seated straight away.

We then went back to our cabin, got our hand luggage, had a quick chat with our lovely room steward who was going back home to spend time with her family for a few months. 
Our time for going to the theatre for disembarkation was 8:45-9 but having no where else to go, we got there an hour early & sat and read our books. I got through 5 books in a fortnight - a sign of a good holiday for me 😊

We were given regular updates on how the disembarkation process was progressing. Everyone was asked to sit down and not stand especially near the exits, quite a few people ignored that of course 🙄

At one point it was announced we would have to wait another 20 minutes, there was a loud chorus of groans around the theatre which we both thought was unfair to the staff as it wasn’t even our disembarkation time at that point. In the end it was around 9:10 when we were called so we thought they was pretty good. They took a few rows at a time and of course some people got up and left regardless of what row they were in! 

We disembarked easily, found the 2 main cases straight away but the small one we put out late the night before took some searching! Straight through to collect our car from CPS. We were home, car unloaded and the first load of washing in the machine by 1ish 😊

I’m now browsing excursions for our Norway cruise next year while watching the football 😁 

• Like 19

I've just read this whole blog in one go, really really interesting, thank you for doing it! I've just booked to sail on Ventura on 19th September with my daughter, as a treat for her just before she starts her final year at uni. I'm pleased to see the food looks good. Did you notice if there was a reasonable amount of choice for vegetarians? Your photos are wonderful, and my partner asked what camera you use? I can definitely see myself sitting in the Retreat with my Kindle and a cocktail or 2 🙂

I need to crack on with booking all the things that end up costing as much as the cruise now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:35 PM, SarahHben said:

Before we came I didn’t know if we were wasting our money paying for the retreat for the whole trip but it had been fantastic! I think there’s only been 1 day when we haven’t spent any time up there.

We've just been looking for Britannia in January and thanks to your info I think we are going to book. If the evening meals are chaos at least the rest of the time should be relaxing and peaceful. Thank you so much

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Thank you @SarahHben for all your posts. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading them.

Which ship are you on for Norway - is it Iona?

Thank you. Our next two cruises are both on Britannia.

Norway at the end of May next year - Stavanger, Olden, Flam &  Bergen, and then the Med in August 2025 - Cadiz, Mallorca, Cagliari, Ibiza, Cartagena & Gibraltar.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jellifer said:

Thanks for a wonderful report Sarah, really enjoyed it. I’m on P&O for the first time at Christmas (Brittania) and have booked the Retreat for 2 weeks. Do you have to show your card to gain entry? Do they provide towels?

Thank you. On Ventura we were both given lanyards with a separate key card for the Retreat when we went along to the Spa. The holders had space for our cruise cards on the other side.

Yes towels are provided, as well as blue swimming towels, blankets for if it got chilly and white robes for use while in the Retreat.

There was chilled water and fruit infused water always available and the staff frequently brought round tea and coffee, lunch around 12, afternoon tea between 3:30 -4pm and if we wanted a drink from the bar the Retreat staff took our cruise card and went to fetch the drinks for us.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

I've just read this whole blog in one go, really really interesting, thank you for doing it! I've just booked to sail on Ventura on 19th September with my daughter, as a treat for her just before she starts her final year at uni. I'm pleased to see the food looks good. Did you notice if there was a reasonable amount of choice for vegetarians? Your photos are wonderful, and my partner asked what camera you use? I can definitely see myself sitting in the Retreat with my Kindle and a cocktail or 2 🙂

I need to crack on with booking all the things that end up costing as much as the cruise now!

Well done reading all my ramblings in one go 😂

I hope that you and your daughter enjoy it as much as we did!

I didn't pay particular attention to the vegetarian options on each days menus but we did chose a vegetarian option a few times. 

Thank you, the photos I have posted on here are just from my iPhone so that I could post them straight away. However I have spent ages this afternoon transferring all my photos from my Canon DSLR onto my computer, all 900+ of them 😟it will take me a while to sort through them all!

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you. On Ventura we were both given lanyards with a separate key card for the Retreat when we went along to the Spa. The holders had space for our cruise cards on the other side.

Yes towels are provided, as well as blue swimming towels, blankets for if it got chilly and white robes for use while in the Retreat.

There was chilled water and fruit infused water always available and the staff frequently brought round tea and coffee, lunch around 12, afternoon tea between 3:30 -4pm and if we wanted a drink from the bar the Retreat staff took our cruise card and went to fetch the drinks for us.

We've tried to book just but it won't allow us to send it to our basket. Why did I think it would be easy? Will phone tomorrow.  Thanks again 

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We've tried to book just but it won't allow us to send it to our basket. Why did I think it would be easy? Will phone tomorrow.  Thanks again 

I can add to that, it's been stating Enquire on Board in our planner for 4 weeks.  Clearly they cant even get it right for the same cruise!

Let me know if you have any success by telephone. Thank you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I can add to that, it's been stating Enquire on Board in our planner for 4 weeks.  Clearly they cant even get it right for the same cruise!

Let me know if you have any success by telephone. Thank you.

We can get as far as picking the names of people but when we click on it it won't do anything. So near but yet so far. Hope this isn't going to be another .. book when you get there ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

We can get as far as picking the names of people but when we click on it it won't do anything. So near but yet so far. Hope this isn't going to be another .. book when you get there ...

Still doesn't explain why you can see it as bookable and we on the other hand are told it isn't!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That's very odd, I've just tried and I can add to basket and get to checkout if I do a dummy booking for our cruise next year.

On which ship?

We can get to the booking part and then can't go any further as if the IT isn't working ...

11 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Still doesn't explain why you can see it as bookable and we on the other hand are told it isn't!

I'd like to say something encouraging but can't think of anything !!

• Haha 2