Lidded cups,coffee station

elliotlake12

32 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

At the buffet coffee station, onboard the Escape, do they have lidded coffee cups?

(Would like to take safely back to cabin)

Nope. Just coffee mugs. Reduces trash and impact on environment. Starbucks will sell you coffee in a covered cup. You can carry your own covered thermal cup, so long as you fill it using a clean mug from the coffee machine. 

They're ditching plastic lids due to restrictions/concerns on plastic at sea, though the timing is uncertain. Straws too. You should take a travel mug with you. The downside to that is you can't fill it at their drink stations. You must use one of their cups at the drink station, and then pour it into your travel mug. That's to prevent anyone from contaminating the drink station with an unsanitary drink container. Alternatively, for cold drinks, Amazon sells universal silicone drink covers that can be stretched over the top of just about any regular size cup. Not sure if they're suitable for hot drinks, because many come with straws built in.

• Like 1

We saw people doing this on the Joy last month:

The buffet has self service Starbucks machines (for a fee).  Directly next to the machines are paper cups with plastic lids.  Obviously these are for purchasing Starbucks at the machine.

People were taking a cup & lid and then going to the “free” coffee dispensers.

There were plenty of crew around and no one said anything.  However, I’m not sure if this is really against the rules.

I’m sure there will be some comments about this.  I’m not condoning the behavior, just telling you my observations.

20 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

The buffet has self service Starbucks machines (for a fee).  Directly next to the machines are paper cups with plastic lids.  Obviously these are for purchasing Starbucks at the machine.

There were plenty of crew around and no one said anything.  However, I’m not sure if this is really against the rules.

I’m sure there will be some comments about this.  I’m not condoning the behavior, just telling you my observations.

Comments on theft? Nope. Not on Cruise Critic. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

noticed the same thing was i on the joy last year

Edited by shof515