Airfare promo no longer an option?

vacationut

I was browsing some cruises in January and no longer see booking the 2-for-1 airfare as an option. Thinking maybe it's too close of a date so I looked at some in August 2024 and they don't have it either. Seems strange since they still have it on their banner. Did they discontinue this offering and I missed it? 

53 minutes ago, vacationut said:

I was browsing some cruises in January and no longer see booking the 2-for-1 airfare as an option. Thinking maybe it's too close of a date so I looked at some in August 2024 and they don't have it either. Seems strange since they still have it on their banner. Did they discontinue this offering and I missed it? 

The promo terms found here...

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

...indicate it is an available feature of SELECT 7+ night cruises.  It also indicates it's only available for cruises more than 110 days out, so definitely not for short-term cruises.

I did a quick look at a July 2024 cruise in Northern Europe (July 14 on Prima) and it indeed offers the airfare promotion.   

• Like 2

The airfare without exception is horrific. They use cheapest flights day of cruise so you are hurried about getting aboard.  Prices never,  ever less expensive then booking yourself.

Do yourself a favor and price out going the day before and celebrate your cruise take a cab or Uber to the pier. You will most likely still financially be ahead of the game even with the added cost of 1 nights hotel.

Have a great time!🥳

58 minutes ago, Dr. Marit said:

The airfare without exception is horrific. They use cheapest flights day of cruise so you are hurried about getting aboard.  Prices never,  ever less expensive then booking yourself.

Do yourself a favor and price out going the day before and celebrate your cruise take a cab or Uber to the pier. You will most likely still financially be ahead of the game even with the added cost of 1 nights hotel.

Have a great time!🥳

All you have to do is ask and you can fly in 1-2 days early. In fact, they actually give you a small credit to do so.  As to prices, all I can say is that when I went to So Africa, I paid $599.  NCL invoice for my flights (which were quite good) was $1800.

So while you might not be a good candidate for using the promo, you might wanna get your facts straight.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Dr. Marit said:

Do yourself a favor and price out going the day before and celebrate your cruise take a cab or Uber to the pier. You will most likely still financially be ahead of the game even with the added cost of 1 nights hotel.(

Have a great time!🥳

You can ask for a one or two day deviation and fly in early. Book your own hotel and transfers or use the cruise lines. I just priced out a one way trip to London for next year and it was $714 and with NCL it is $467. I just had friends who flew from New Orleans to Rome (and back) for half the price of what it would have cost them had they done it themselves, with a 2 day deviation on both ends. People who do their research beforehand and know the facts tend to have better outcomes than those who don't. YMMV.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, debenson0723 said:

People who do their research beforehand and know the facts tend to have better outcomes than those who don't.

Yup, but as evidenced by the other thread people will ignore the terms of the promo and then complain when they got exactly what they paid for because they thought they deserved something different.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dr. Marit said:

We've used the NCL air promo a few times and have ALWAYS came out ahead. I think much of a difference in those who are ok with the flights vs those who don't like the flights are the outgoing airport size. Our airport doesn't have hundreds of flights a day like major airports have. I can see ahead of time the best and worst flights I could get and how much I would save. 

We also do the two day deviation ahead of the cruise too. We enjoy exploring the port city ahead of time and not missing our cruise. LOL. 

• Like 2