I guess we missed the announcements. So now we pay for…?

gottagocit

2 hours ago, gottagocit said:

We were also on the Coral around that time but it appears maybe just getting off as you were boarding. We disembarked near Santiago (San Jose I believe) on March 3rd if I recall the date correctly. 
During the 4 days in Antarctica on our voyage I was sick with heavy chest congestion and coughing terribly. Had fever for about 2 days. As you said it was very early in the covid saga and no one knew what it was. The ships doctor checked me out and gave me a couple meds and suggested I stay in our cabin which I did. My wife never got sick (at least had no symptoms) nor did anyone else in our group. Luckily we had a balcony cabin and I was able to experience the awe of Antarctica from there. By the time we got to Santiago I was fine and we enjoyed 3 days there before flying home. Within a few days of getting home everything shut down of course.
 I followed the Coral online for some time thinking about those guest and crew still on her and wondered how everyone was doing especially when Fort Lauderdale closed its port to her later. 
I’m glad that’s largely behind us now and hope we never have to deal with anything like it again. 

Yes,  I believe we boarded on March 5th and everything seemed right with the world.
We had a balcony but anyone who didn't was moved to a balcony cabin which was one of the many things that Princess did right. 
When FLL closed down we had to go to Miami.  Princess drove us back home in St. Augustine....right to our driveway!  Of course after we got home we both had covid..Chuck worse than I.
In the end we were on for 32 days.  Crazy thing is, the cabin steward that we had on our Alaska cruise last summer told us that he was on the Coral but remained on there for 6 more months after all the passengers were off.  Just awful!

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

Yes,  I believe we boarded on March 5th and everything seemed right with the world…

Oh yes I believe it was the 5th when we disembarked and not the 3rd. My mistake. 
Very interesting they drove you home. I had forgotten they were doing that in some cases. Such a dark and crazy time. 

• Like 1