I guess we missed the announcements. So now we pay for…?

gottagocit

Eating at Alfredo’s is no complimentary?  is this correct?
What about the burger/sandwich shop on Lido? International cafe?

AND If you don’t pay for the overpriced plus or premier packages and decide to order anything to eat or drink using the medallion app we’ll have to pay $14.99 for the privilege of using the app to order something? Is this correct? 

Am I reading all the references to these changes accurately? We last cruised in April of this year and none of these were in effect. WTH?  I’ve been away from the Princess board for a few weeks and come back to stumble on this. Sorry if this has been beaten to death already but I tried to read back thru several pages of threads to understand what I think I reading. 

What else will now cost us more onboard and what Captains Circle benefits did we loose since recently?  
It seems every time we turn around we’re getting hit with a new cost if we want to continue to cruise with Princess! Just wow!

• Like 10

The main changes for passengers on Princess standard fare

Alfredos is now $15 per visit as well as other similar casual sit down restaurants

Room service and drinks food delivered when ordered vis the app is a $15 per cruise

Room service via the phone is $5 per order

All else remains the same. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

AND If you don’t pay for the overpriced plus or premier packages and decide to order anything to eat or drink using the medallion app we’ll have to pay $14.99 for the privilege of using the app to order something? Is this correct? 

Am I reading all the references to these changes accurately? We last cruised in April of this year and none of these were in effect. WTH?  I’ve been away from the Princess board for a few weeks and come back to stumble on this. Sorry if this has been beaten to death already but I tried to read back thru several pages of threads to understand what I think I reading. 

What else will now cost us more onboard and what Captains Circle benefits did we loose since recently?  
It seems every time we turn around we’re getting hit with a new cost if we want to continue to cruise with Princess! Just wow!

You say you have seen references.  There is a large thread discussing all of the changes in detail and with varied opinions.  Casual Dining new menus have been posted as well. 

There was no change to CC Benefits in this last set of changes.

Casual Dining has always had free locations and for-fee locations.  The change here is that Alfredo's/Gigi's will be for-fee going forward.

The info provided in Post #2 is not really accurate.  The for-fee casual dining locales will offer a prix-fixe option for $15/pp whereby guest gets an App, a Main, and a Dessert.  However, the menus all have a la carte pricing, so if you just want one item, you can do so.  

Standard burgers, pizza, ice cream on Lido remain free.  Only Alfredo's /Gigi's affected.

Yes, there is a one-time charge per guest for using Ocean Now to order food/drink via the App or cabin TV.  If you can arrange it so that only one guest orders all, you can get by with one service charge of $15.  A phone call to Room Service to order something is $5 - per call, but that is covered if you have already paid the $15 fee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to you all for helping me catch up.
It’s dang frustrating to see these price increases continue to come one after the another after the another.

Just let it be for a while, Carival/Princess! The financial outlook for you is being sold to investors as having turned the corner and finally over covid. Don’t screw it up and drive it back into the dirt by getting greedy!  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Nothing has been sent to booked passengers.

Well that is what caught me so off guard as we have 3 voyages booked and have seen nothing on this until checking in on this board today for the first time in some time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Well that is what caught me so off guard as we have 3 voyages booked and have seen nothing on this until checking in on this board today for the first time in some time. 

They don't like to broadcast the bad news.  Instead, they have a spin session webinar for TA's to convince them to sell those packages because they have even more value than last month.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Welcome back!  😉

Here’s another thread started today to clarify and show you a link that explains the RS charge.

Also FAQ #4 & 5:

image.thumb.png.eb97660b8c00a1f29c32f6ff73805319.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They don't like to broadcast the bad news.  Instead, they have a spin session webinar for TA's to convince them to sell those packages because they have even more value than last month.

So the next axe to drop will be higher cost for the packages since they’re worth so much now…

Nah…I take that back. Time to slice off a few benefits from the elite or platinum loyalty levels and sell them as a special new level that comes with a surcharge. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gottagocit said:

So the next axe to drop will be higher cost for the packages since they’re worth so much now…

Nah…I take that back. Time to slice off a few benefits from the elite or platinum loyalty levels and sell them as a special new level that comes with a surcharge. 

SMH No! 🤔

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Welcome back!  😉

Here’s another thread started today to clarify and show you a link that explains the RS charge.

Thanks. We’ve been working hard on pair of land trips this fall and just jumped into a bucket list item for next summer that’s taking a lot of time training and getting in better shape and one that we may need our heads examined for trying it. Lol. Haven’t had time to check the boards in a while. 
BTW, I’m still pissed about the coffee card!!

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

For those of us you drink the Plus package is still a great deal and much less than comparable lines offerings

I suppose it is and getting better all the time with more things costing more $’s unless you pay for the packages.
However if you only drink occasionally it’s not at all. We don’t cruise to drink but do occasionally will have a glass of wine or a beer and can honestly take or leave it when it comes to those at least when traveling. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, antsp said:

The main changes for passengers on Princess standard fare

Alfredos is now $15 per visit as well as other similar casual sit down restaurants

Room service and drinks food delivered when ordered vis the app is a $15 per cruise

Room service via the phone is $5 per order

All else remains the same. 

Slight correction: Alfredo's is now $15 per person if you want an appetizer, main, and desert. If you just want a pizza it should be $12. For my wife and I we will order a single pizza for $12 and share it which is all we ever get in that venue anyway. One pizza is plenty for the two of us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vakamalua said:

Getting really fed up with the complicated nickel & diming!  We don't drink so always go standard; they make sooooo much money on the Plus packages, they're trying to push everyone to them.

And I read somewhere they’re not even given all the new beanies to the folks who pre-purchased the packages at the lower cost! At least I think that’s what I read. This all just makes me want to forget cruising. It just never ends. The pencil pushers are ruining this company.

Princess is so hard up for money they raise prices then give money to the LA Rams for a sponsorship. I wonder how many millions the Rams are making off something most cruisers could care less about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1