Looking forward to our next South Pacific cruise

This fall will be trip #31 to the South Pacific ... most to French Polynesia. Pictured is the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort, a wonderful place for pre/post cruise stay for a night or two. Moorea sits in the background ... incredible sunsets in the South Pacific. Picture taken with my thrifty iPhone SE3.

IMG_1860-Edit-jpg-3.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Tahitianbigkahuna changed the title to Looking forward to our next South Pacific cruise
8 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

This fall will be trip #31 to the South Pacific ... most to French Polynesia. Pictured is the Intercontinental Tahiti Resort, a wonderful place for pre/post cruise stay for a night or two. Moorea sits in the background ... incredible sunsets in the South Pacific. Picture taken with my thrifty iPhone SE3.

IMG_1860-Edit-jpg-3.jpg

What cruise(s) are you going on?

4 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

#31 is On the PG in October 2023

But I have several in 2024

Wow! We are on Windstar in October on the Wind Spirit. Looking forward to it!  First time in FP!

15 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Wow! We are on Windstar in October on the Wind Spirit. Looking forward to it!  First time in FP!

Will be on PG in FP in October 2023

Will be on the Regent Navigator in FP in January 2024

Will be on the Star Breeze in FP in October 2024

Might be a few more ...

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:42 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

IMG_1860-Edit-jpg-3.jpg

We love the IC Papeete! They get a bad rap on some review sites...their basic rooms are apparently not too great. But just move up a category or two, or even better, do an overwater bungalow, and you definitely will feel the luxury. The property itself is lovely, and the POOLS! And the VIEWS! We did pre and post cruise stays there for both of our prior PG cruises, and it's just a really nice place to hang out at the pool, get over your jet lag pre-cruise, or re-enter the real world post-cruise.

We're not staying there this time (our upcoming cruise in November) - we decided to try something new. We've booked an AirBnb for four nights in the hills over Papeete, and have rented a car to do some touring. But I kinda miss the idea of the IC. Next time!

Have a great cruise Jerry, and I'll be eager to hear how it went before we board ours on November 8.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leejnd4 said:

We love the IC Papeete! They get a bad rap on some review sites...their basic rooms are apparently not too great. But just move up a category or two, or even better, do an overwater bungalow, and you definitely will feel the luxury. The property itself is lovely, and the POOLS! And the VIEWS! We did pre and post cruise stays there for both of our prior PG cruises, and it's just a really nice place to hang out at the pool, get over your jet lag pre-cruise, or re-enter the real world post-cruise.

We're not staying there this time (our upcoming cruise in November) - we decided to try something new. We've booked an AirBnb for four nights in the hills over Papeete, and have rented a car to do some touring. But I kinda miss the idea of the IC. Next time!

Have a great cruise Jerry, and I'll be eager to hear how it went before we board ours on November 8.

I was on-board less than 4 months ago 😉

Another for you to enjoy taken @ the IC Tahiti

13.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Piaa said:

@Tahitianbigkahuna We will be stopping in Rangiroa - might you have an excursion you can recommend please  

I no longer give detailed recommendations for private excursions on this forum ... sorry.

Recommendation  ... usually the ships have vendors to take people to the 'Aquarium'  😉

26 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

I no longer give detailed recommendations for private excursions on this forum ... sorry.

Recommendation  ... usually the ships have vendors to take people to the 'Aquarium'  😉

Thank you