Looking forward to our next South Pacific cruise

Visiting the 'Swimming Pool' while on Fakarava is a must. Your 10 miles away from the small town or your ship ... so serene. You've haven't seen French Polynesia without getting away from the main tourist areas and be adventurous. No big facilities ... bring toilet paper, camera, sunscreen and an adventurous spirit. We prefer to arrange our trip out there on our own ... we had the place all to ourselves. 

wow-2.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Visiting the 'Swimming Pool' while on Fakarava is a must. Your 10 miles away from the small town or your ship ... so serene. You've haven't seen French Polynesia without getting away from the main tourist areas and be adventurous. No big facilities ... bring toilet paper, camera, sunscreen and an adventurous spirit. We prefer to arrange our trip out there on our own ... we had the place all to ourselves. 

wow-2.jpg

That's gorgeous! How did you get that shot? It looks like a drone! I thought I read you can't bring a drone aboard?

3 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

wow-2.jpg

What company did you book with to get there please ?

Don't try and feed old 'Howard' on Bora Bora ... look at those teeth. There are several Coral Gardens on Bora Bora ... have been to all of them. IMO the best one is behind the Sofitel Motu. All sorts of coral, colorful fish, eels and octopus. I've been to this location at least 20 times ... never gets old.

96CC0B40-9AF5-4094-B585-E9FA8A03FF1D-Edit.jpg

Approaching Oponupo Bay on the island of Moorea. Many people go to French Polynesia to see Bora bora. Most will also visit Moorea ... though they go for Bora Bora they fall in love with Moorea. I've visited Moorea at least 20 times ... it really is an incredible island for the jagged peaks, the views and the lagoon is pretty nice as well. 

IMG_E0519.jpg

• Like 1

Shopping at the pearl farm on Huahine  .... This is a fun little place for those looking to buy a pearl. Hint ... never pay the price shown. Show a little interest and then walk away ... let them re-engage with you ... they will likely offer a better price ... then you offer something a bit less 😉

Haggling in the past was a no no but things are different now as the locals have been westernized. Still is something you don't initiate ... you let them open up the haggling opportunity ... IMO

DJI_0137.jpg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, fishman620 said:

So is this spot close to a resort or what is the bay called

Look at a map of Moorea and notice the twin motus on the upper left side 😉

No resorts there ... 

If your looking for a resort with good snorkeling I would pick on the Sofitel or the Hilton .. have stayed at both ... good snorkeling 😉

That view never gets old. Incredible area for corla and lagoon fish plue you get Mt. Otemanu for a backdrop. While your ship visits Raiatea or Tahaa check to see if they offer an excursion to the Drift Snorkel area. A must ... don't miss it 😉

If you enlarge and look closely you will see my group enjoying the drift.

DJI_0348-Edit.jpg