Lost luggage reassurance....

Mauzac

15 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

The company went into bankruptcy in 2020, so any five year numbers relate to a previous entity.  The trade names have come and gone, along with a myriad of operating units with specialized names.

Okay yes that makes sense. I fly with them (or the new owner!) every two weeks so I was somewhat confused, Thanks.

Also, another thing I wondered about those stats. Ryanair and Easyjet flights tend to be point to point for most passengers. But BA for many passengers use a hub. Lots of transfers, and the times my bags have been 'lost' it was always when I was making a connection. 

Edited by Isklaar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Of course, those are deceptive numbers, as they are dealing with gross complaints over five years.  Any airline with many flights and/or passengers will have a greater chance of more baggage issues, just because of volume.

Let's parse the figures from that report.  With the red numbers showing the number of DAILY flights for the airlines in the top 10 of flights in Europe:

1. Ryanair (954)    3078
  2. British Airways (844)  812
  3. easyJet (565)   1656
  4. Wizz Air (552)   806
  5. Norwegian (419)   Out of business
  6. Flybe (297)  Out of business
  7. Turkish Airlines (195)   1527
  8. Virgin Atlantic (182)   No data
  9. Tap Portugal (160)   No data
  10. Iberia (105)  

So, Ryanair flies over 3000 flights per day, but had 954 complaints in FIVE YEARS.  Do the math.  They do over a million flights a year with less than 200 complaints.

Not everyone files a formal complaint.  I have heard terrible things about British Air and I have to say that every flight we have flown with them has been miserable.  My "favorite" being when everyone was on strike and they could not even serve water.  And yes, I agree--it's when there is a connection that there is a big problem for luggage.  

Edited by SLSD

8 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

So why promote an article that uses suspect data?

I just used an article that came up when I was looking at baggage issues.  Ignore it.  

• Like 1

We have been in Svolvaer Lofoten today and we were told they would not be using the tiny airport here and Tromso tomorrow would be possible, but what a shock when we returned from an excursion to..... (drum roll)...

Our cases!

Thank you for all your help kind people 🥰

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

We have been in Svolvaer Lofoten today and we were told they would not be using the tiny airport here and Tromso tomorrow would be possible, but what a shock when we returned from an excursion to..... (drum roll)...

Our cases!

Wonderful news!!!!

1 hour ago, Mauzac said:

Our cases!

Great news! The airport there really is tiny, not sure how it is now but it used to have scheduled flights to only two destinations. 

I bet you nearly cried, or actually did, when you saw them.

So pleased for you, now you can properly relax and enjoy the rest of the cruise 🥂🥂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isklaar said:

Great news! The airport there really is tiny, not sure how it is now but it used to have scheduled flights to only two destinations. 

So pleased for you, now you can properly relax and enjoy the rest of the cruise 🥂🥂

I have lived this thread because it was our worst nightmare and I saw it happen to a couple on our June Ovation cruise.  This is why we OBSESSED over packing for a full 14 days  in our tiny carryons.  I guess we will continue packing this way.  I couldn't be happier that the Mauzacs have been made whole.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Isklaar said:

I came in from an excursion very uncomfortable after hobbling round in too small borrowed trainers and missed the cases! Thought I was dreaming!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

I came in from an excursion very uncomfortable after hobbling round in too small borrowed trainers and missed the cases! Thought I was dreaming!

I hope you haven't got blisters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1