Is the quality still with O or has it also been hit with the penny pinching of other cruise lines?

chromered7

2 hours ago, Brad1185 said:

Our first O cruise is Friday. We have made a very bad mistake after reading the above posts.  My wife said stay with Viking but I said let’s give O a try. Now I’m never going to hear the end of this from her. 

She may enjoy O   if she goes with an open mind

See you onboard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Couldn’t agree more!  The main criticisms on this thread is from a couple who disliked almost everything from the moment they saw the cabin and attempted to place their luggage under the bed and the complaints and photos kept coming.  Again, we did the same cruise as them on 9/6 and it was wonderful….our 21st with O. 

To be fair, there are numerous posts in this thread by other people expressing dissatisfaction with the food. Among them: posts # 114, 161, 164, and 210. 

21 hours ago, calicakes said:

This was horrible clam chowder.

20230924_184428.jpg

Consistency looks good. Chowders over the years have become laden with roux to thicken them up. They should be more brothy than they are now. It's a way of skimping. Less clams more base less flavor than before. The Chowder we had the last time was decent, but not great.The vast majority of restaurants(unlike us)buy their chowder from vendors & "jazz" them up a bit, but it's still not what it was say 30+ years age. The old Anthony's Pier 4 in Boston, kitschy in style made some of the best seafood I ever had.

21 hours ago, Brad1185 said:

Our first O cruise is Friday. We have made a very bad mistake after reading the above posts.  My wife said stay with Viking but I said let’s give O a try. Now I’m never going to hear the end of this from her. 

We have sailed both O and Viking.  To be honest, the Viking was a one and done.  Details if you PM me. The only saving grace on V was that we made friends with two couples the first evening and that made the sailing enjoyable.  The excellent conversation at meals diverted our attention from that food on V.

My opinion only

But  sometimes it is who is in the kitchen doing the cooking

Heard stories  of some cooks  messing with the dishes of other  cooks

different Nationalities  sometimes clash in the  kitchen 👎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1