14 day nordic packing list?

steorra

I am going on a 14 day Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise at the end of this month and am utterly confused on what/how much to pack clothing wise.  I have unlimited laundry service onboard and am thinking of only really packing for 7 days worth plus one or two dressy outfits?  (I would really only want to take one large suitcase and a backpack onboard.)  I could definitely use some advise and/or if anyone is willing to share a packing checklist..  Thanks!

• Like 1

Unless it's a 'luxury ship', I'd pack 5 outfits to have more room for stuff like earmuffs, thick scarf etc.  I usually bring a nice top and wear the 'airplane' outfit to dinner, with better accessories.  Almost all my travel clothes are black & beige ... with one bright color.  I use accessories to create looks.  Needless to say that everything goes with everything.  And seriously, unless it's some wild print, nobody ever remembers what you're wearing.

• Like 2

I would pack for seven days and plan to use the laundry and re-wear clothes.

We only travel with carry-ons now and in the spring we did 18 nights, 13 of which were on cruise ship and I took only a small North American rollaboard and backpack. I packed for seven days and didn’t even wear everything that I carried.

We were in Norway in late August 3 years ago and the weather varied from about 13 Celsius in Flåm to 27 Celsius in Bergen so you probably should plan for both summer or early fall weather. I know you will check the weather 😊 

Here is a summary of my packing list for our 18 night trip which was in April and early May so I expected chilly weather across the Atlantic but it wasn’t too cold. I wore certain things five or six times over the course of the 18 days . A couple of garments were barely worn.

- 4 short sleeved day tops

- 3 long sleeved day tops (2 were sweatshirt weight)

- 3 dressy or evening blouses/tops

- 2 Capri pants, one of which was dressy enough for casual nights in the dining room

- 1 pair dress trousers (worn only once)

- 1 skirt

- 2 dresses (One was never worn because it was too warm for the weather we had)

- 1 sweaterweight vest/Gillet

- 1 pair jeans

- 1 casual pants

- 1 shorts

- 1 hiking cropped pants

- 1 jacket that was dressy enough to be worn in the evening to the dining room

- raincoat

- A couple of scarves to change the look of dresses or tops

Best wishes for your planning. That sounds like a nice cruise!

Edited by mrgabriel
  • Like 4

I am starting to try the 5-4-3-2-1 packing method for future cruises no matter the length. 5 tops, 4 bottoms, 3 dresses, 3 shoes, 2 or 3 outerwear, 2 bags, 2 scarves, 1 or 2 swimsuits, 1 hat, 1 necklace, 1 sunglasses.

the exception to that is activity specific gear so if I’m planning on working out I’ll bring my workout clothes. If I’m doing big hikes I’ll bring that clothing. 

I plan to bring one medium sized suitcase and a personal item for my 16 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2023 at 6:37 AM, steorra said:

I am going on a 14 day Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise at the end of this month and am utterly confused on what/how much to pack clothing wise.  I have unlimited laundry service onboard and am thinking of only really packing for 7 days worth plus one or two dressy outfits?

Hello! How did it go? What did you miss, and what did you take and not really need?