Any take Holland's "ULTIMATE CURACAO, BEACH & TURTLE SNORKEL WITH LUNCH"?

kimkencruzers

I'm trying to decide weather to take the ship tour or one from Curacao dreams.  Similar price. My hesitation is that the ship tour may be more crowded, but sometimes the private tours are at the same place at the same time anyway. Ship tour has a "light boxed lunch" whatever that is.

Thanks!

Edited: I looked more closely at reviews and Curacao Dreams comes with snorkel gear in both places and takes underwater pictures to send to you included.  That wins in my book.

Edited by kimkencruzers
more information
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kimkencruzers said:

I'm trying to decide weather to take the ship tour or one from Curacao dreams.  Similar price. My hesitation is that the ship tour may be more crowded, but sometimes the private tours are at the same place at the same time anyway. Ship tour has a "light boxed lunch" whatever that is.

Thanks!

Edited: I looked more closely at reviews and Curacao Dreams comes with snorkel gear in both places and takes underwater pictures to send to you included.  That wins in my book.

Thanks for the update.  We are actually booked on the HAL tour of this using our HIA.  Would be good to come back & compare on here you’d experience & ours.  It sounds familiar so I’m wondering if we did this a few years back.

Edited by canadianbear

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 2:24 PM, canadianbear said:

Thanks for the update.  We are actually booked on the HAL tour of this using our HIA.  Would be good to come back & compare on here you’d experience & ours.  It sounds familiar so I’m wondering if we did this a few years back.

Did you take this tour? I was just looking at it today as a possibility for our HIA.  The reviews were either FANTASTIC or TERRIBLE. Makes it so hard to decide....

38 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Did you take this tour? I was just looking at it today as a possibility for our HIA.  The reviews were either FANTASTIC or TERRIBLE. Makes it so hard to decide....

We haven’t left yet and have the HAL tour booked on November 13.  I’m hoping we won’t be disappointed but us & friends cruising with us have signed up too with the HIA. 
I attached a photo of the one we signed up for.  Fingers crossed and hoping we see turtles!

i actually just went & read reviews about crowding where the beach & turtles are & the crappy boxed lunch.  Ugh.  

We will probably have to keep this tour but if it’s bad I’ll be using Irie Tours next time.  

IMG_0321.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear
Add more info

37 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We haven’t left yet and have the HAL tour booked on November 13.  I’m hoping we won’t be disappointed but us & friends cruising with us have signed up too with the HIA. 
I attached a photo of the one we signed up for.  Fingers crossed and hoping we see turtles!

i actually just went & read reviews about crowding where the beach & turtles are & the crappy boxed lunch.  Ugh.  

We will probably have to keep this tour but if it’s bad I’ll be using Irie Tours next time.  

IMG_0321.jpeg

I’ll try to remember to come back and report on our curaçao turtle tour

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

IMG_0321.jpeg

Yep, that’s the one we’re looking at for Feb. We clearly read the same bad reviews, but the more I read on other sites, it seems that most people really like this one. I guess some people can find the negative in anything. A lot of people complained about the lunch. When you’re on a 9 day cruise with unlimited food and drink, I could care less about what food is served!! Thanks for your reply—hope you all have a great time!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, kimkencruzers said:

Thanks!

I'm back and the trip from curacao dreams was nice.  Fantastic pictures included! Only issue was that we had to wait like 15 minutes for some late people who booked thru trip advisor and they were told 10 am while booking direct with curacao dreams had 9 am which was the correct time and I think $10 cheaper so keep that in mind.

• Like 1

We are back from our HAL excursion Ultimate Curacao, Beach & Turtle snorkel & lunch.  We are still in Curacao until 10:30pm tonight.  Our excursion was great. The “boxed” lunch was good too-chicken in a wrap, cookies, apple, pop or water.  

I took photos with our old underwater camera & we’re very happy how they turned out.  I’ll attach a couple I took.  I would recommend this tour. 

IMG_4442.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 1:31 PM, canadianbear said:

We are back from our HAL excursion Ultimate Curacao, Beach & Turtle snorkel & lunch.  We are still in Curacao until 10:30pm tonight.  Our excursion was great. The “boxed” lunch was good too-chicken in a wrap, cookies, apple, pop or water.  

I took photos with our old underwater camera & we’re very happy how they turned out.  I’ll attach a couple I took.  I would recommend this tour. 

IMG_4442.jpeg

IMG_4427.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

Were these taken while snorkeling?

• 3 weeks later...