Queen Anne Alternative Dining

Solent Richard

5 hours ago, Gomac said:

I suppose Cunard have to evolve as they always have done, and we are excited for our 2024 QA cruise. As a couple in their early 30s, if Cunard become like all the other cruise lines and loses the formality we just won’t sail with them anymore. Without the tradition what else do they have going for them? They don’t have any of the bells and whistles of the new cool ships, the entertainment definitely isn’t to our style either. I think most people sail Cunard because of the atmosphere of the ships. Even on our last 2 night mini QV trip the younger crowd (many much younger than us) were still embracing the elegance on a non formal nights and it was nice to see.

We see ourselves as the future Cunarders, after 5 Britannia trips we are now venturing to the Grills, we take 3 or more long haul holidays per year and at least one of those will include a Cunard segment as part of it for the next few years. Cunard have to be careful how far they deviate from the traditional experience. For us the option isn’t Cunard or another cruise line, it’s Cunard or a reasonably luxurious land based stay, we tried other lines and they just don’t do it for us. On every post cruise survey I receive I do try and give this as feedback.

We are excited by some new dining venues, although I hope that they aren’t at the detriment to the main dining rooms and they don’t become one of those lines that push hard on the additional dining. If all of the additional venues are indeed as relaxed as indicated that will be a big shame. Sir Samual’s without crisp white table clothes and with the same dress code as the pub won’t feel like an elevated experience or a night out on the town.

Exceedingly well said!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Still wondering if there will be an option of purchasing a speciality dining package on Queen Anne? 

we are on her next June. As yet there is no indication of a dining package on our booking. It does currently say that bookings for the speciality restaurants can be made from a date 2 weeks before our sail date. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

we are on her next June. As yet there is no indication of a dining package on our booking. It does currently say that bookings for the speciality restaurants can be made from a date 2 weeks before our sail date. 

I don’t think there will be any dining packages they will want guests to pay as they go

for each venue separately 

9 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I don’t think there will be any dining packages they will want guests to pay as they go

for each venue separately 

who knows. There will be more choices than other Cunard ships. We tried MSC earlier this year and we had the option to book a dining package in advance and make a saving. Or you could book individually on board. We booked 4 venues in advance and it was some of the best food we've had at sea. That said, QE Britannia restaurant last year was very good, better than the MSC one. I'm looking forward to finding out next year! 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 6:25 PM, Gomac said:

I suppose Cunard have to evolve as they always have done, and we are excited for our 2024 QA cruise. As a couple in their early 30s, if Cunard become like all the other cruise lines and loses the formality we just won’t sail with them anymore. Without the tradition what else do they have going for them? They don’t have any of the bells and whistles of the new cool ships, the entertainment definitely isn’t to our style either. I think most people sail Cunard because of the atmosphere of the ships. 

Alas, and speaking as a couple in their 70s, I am in full agreement with your opening paragraph.

Having initially embarked with Cunard in 1990 we have experienced one memorable journey across five ships with a maiden on the new Queen Anne fast approaching - not exactly an acid test as I'm pretty sure the majority onboard will be appreciative and loyal Cunarders whose standards date back years.

Meanwhile of course we are busy trying new to us experiences (Azamara counting the weeks) and returning to Saga and Oceania where we have found in the past standards are more to our liking and itineraries of interest.

• Like 1