Caribbean Princess Tender Elevator?

silentmobius

Hello!

I have a mobility disability that requires a powered wheelchair.  I can walk short distances and can manage a step or two on the tender.  Also, my powered chair is a newer model that is designed for travel.  It weighs 49lbs and collapses very easily.  My question, though, is this:

Does the Caribbean Princess have an elevator down to where you board the tenders?  I sailed on the NCL Dawn this past May, and it was a full flight of stairs on the outside of the ship to get to the tender.  I did it at one port, and though the crew was amazing, it wore me out for days afterward.  I have read some reports saying that Princess ships have elevators (usually for crew, maybe?) that would make it to where the only steps encountered would be the tender boat itself, which does not worry me.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

• Like 1

Another idea.    Post relevant parts of your question on the Princess board.    Ask if anyone is currently on the Caribbean Princess who knows about the elevator going to the floor where the tenders board.  Or possibly some kind person currently on board could check when they go ashore, or maybe they could ask.

I haven’t sailed on Caribbean Princess, but I have tendered on at least 5 other Princess ships with my wheelchair including newer and older ships and they have all had an elevator to the tender location.

You can email the Princess accessibility team at  accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com They have been helpful in answering ADA questions I have had about specific ships. 

Edited by ChristiCruising

• 5 weeks later...

yes, there is an elevator, and the crew will take you there.  it can take one or two people and then you are on the level of the tender.  I can not say if they can get you into the tender, though, or what awaits when you get to shore.  They generally are helpful and we have been able to use them with our walkers, especially if you can walk a bit.  there is usally a step into the seats once you are on a tender, but there are helpers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 3:06 PM, suramom said:

yes, there is an elevator, and the crew will take you there.  it can take one or two people and then you are on the level of the tender.  I can not say if they can get you into the tender, though, or what awaits when you get to shore.  They generally are helpful and we have been able to use them with our walkers, especially if you can walk a bit.  there is usally a step into the seats once you are on a tender, but there are helpers.

This was our experience on the Caribbean Princess as well (this was about 5 years ago).  Mr. Blue was in his manual foldable wheelchair in the elevator and right up until the ramp getting on to the tender. At that point, a couple of crew members assisted him on to the tender (Mr. Blue can walk short distances) and then we were seated very near the entrance to the tender.  They loaded the chair in for us after everyone else was on the tender. We were last on and first off. It worked quite well.