GTY cabin assignment

PZetz

Hi all….just wondering what the current timeframe is for Regent to assign cabins that are booked as a GTY? I’m leaving on Explorer next week and still no suite info….anyone else still waiting ??

1 hour ago, dabear said:

Do they ever upgrade to a higher category ?

Often. I had an H suite GTY and got a Concierge D on the Voyager in June. It was, however, right below the pool deck, so I'm not surprised it was available.

So a sort of related question - we have a booking in a cabin grade, and this grade is now waitlisted. We ticked the magic upgrade button to see if anything would happen. What happens in this case, do they move the booked cabins to make room for the GTY bookings first? 

I realise it is somewhat of a dark art and the peculiarities of it are not particularly clear, just wondering on people’s experiences. 

On 8/9/2023 at 6:43 AM, ToxM said:

So a sort of related question - we have a booking in a cabin grade, and this grade is now waitlisted. We ticked the magic upgrade button to see if anything would happen. What happens in this case, do they move the booked cabins to make room for the GTY bookings first? 

I realise it is somewhat of a dark art and the peculiarities of it are not particularly clear, just wondering on people’s experiences. 

I admit I didn't even know there was an upgrade button.  As far as I know, you will never just be bumped from a booked cabin by a GTY.  In my small experience with upgrades, it's usually 2-3 weeks before the sailings that these offers are made, and you must accept quickly because they are popular. Presumably they might offer you a free upgrade if they really needed your cabin for a GTY, not sure about that.

On 8/9/2023 at 6:43 AM, ToxM said:

Where is the "Upgrade" button in My Account?

Mass market lines do this and the TA will mark the reservation. Based on our past experience I don’t think this is something Regent does. Regent does sometimes offer up sells deals if they need a class of suite to fill a guarantee. This maybe what your TA was getting information for just in case. And of course, if. you reserve a guarantee you will get that level of suite or maybe some higher level if you are lucky.

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I admit I didn't even know there was an upgrade button.  As far as I know, you will never just be bumped from a booked cabin by a GTY.  In my small experience with upgrades, it's usually 2-3 weeks before the sailings that these offers are made, and you must accept quickly because they are popular. Presumably they might offer you a free upgrade if they really needed your cabin for a GTY, not sure about that.

Yeah I am not holding out any hope then if we do get a call with an offer to upgrade I will weigh it up. 

We always book a grade we are happy with and don’t bet on the upgrade fairy or even the upgrade cashier LOL. 

I did just wonder as all the other grades apart from the top suites are wide open apart from mine which is waitlisted. 

We will see…happy with where we are, but you never know. 

18 hours ago, cwn said:

Mass market lines do this and the TA will mark the reservation. Based on our past experience I don’t think this is something Regent does.

In the past we've told our TA that we would be amenable to an upgrade.  Got one once, a great deal, but rare.

• Thanks 1