New to us- I was just overnighted our luggage tags from SS

A Tucson Guy

In past SS cruises, we have received our luggage tags at the SS hotel before the cruise. Today we received an overnight package with our luggage tags for the 8-21-23 Nova cruise to our home address. I just thought I would share this.

13 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

In past SS cruises, we have received our luggage tags at the SS hotel before the cruise. Today we received an overnight package with our luggage tags for the 8-21-23 Nova cruise to our home address. I just thought I would share this.

Sounds like the return of one of the nicer perks of sailing with SS.  They always did this, until they stopped,  hoping this will stay and other amenities will return.

• Like 1

I was luckily given a stash of the red paper luggage tags by Guest relations several voyages ago. Gone are the days of leather wallets, tags initially leather then plastic. I do miss the journal, though.

14 hours ago, spryder said:

Hmm, we were told we'd just pick up our luggage tags at the dock during check-in.  (Which is an odd thing we've never had to do with any other cruise line.)

Good morning, SS has been doing it that way since the re-start back in the summer of 2021. But, if you are staying at a SS hotel pre cruise (if you booked through the cruise line), you will receive your luggage tags at the hotel. I can't speak on what other lines have done, but SS has been doing it this way since June 2021.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

The two other RCG lines have been appending them to the emailed pdf doc package. 

Oh, ok. thanks. I don't remember ever receiving luggage tags from SS via email.

Just now, Lois R said:

Oh, ok. thanks. I don't remember ever receiving luggage tags from SS via email.

Have no idea whether SS does or not.  This will be our first with them.  It was necessary to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the other RCG pdf files to find them.  They're what made these Amazon plastic tag sleeves popular with cruisers

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrity-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Cruise/dp/B07WPW9MJH/

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Have no idea whether SS does or not.  This will be our first with them.  It was necessary to scroll ALL the way to the bottom of the other RCG pdf files to find them.  They're what made these Amazon plastic tag sleeves popular with cruisers

https://www.amazon.com/Celebrity-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Cruise/dp/B07WPW9MJH/

Those are pretty cool.  I was letting you know, SS doesn't email luggage tags. I know you haven't cruised with them before. 

36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Those are pretty cool.  I was letting you know, SS doesn't email luggage tags. I know you haven't cruised with them before. 

They're very good quality.  Very heavy gauge plastic with 'wire rope' and barrel connector fastenings.  Have been using them since the restart.