Discovery Princess MDR Questions

New2cruise2022

I will traveling with a party of 5. Just a few questions for those who have dined in MDRs on Discovery. 

1) Are the dining rooms the same?

2) Do either of the dining rooms have tables with windows? If so, can you request tables by the window?

3) Our bookings are separate but connected. After final payment, will we be able to book reservations to all sit together?

4) Is there a way to have the same table every night with the same staff?

5) Formal nights — are jackets or ties common, or is button up or polo perfect acceptable?

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I will traveling with a party of 5. Just a few questions for those who have dined in MDRs on Discovery. 

1) Are the dining rooms the same?

2) Do either of the dining rooms have tables with windows? If so, can you request tables by the window?

3) Our bookings are separate but connected. After final payment, will we be able to book reservations to all sit together?

4) Is there a way to have the same table every night with the same staff?

5) Formal nights — are jackets or ties common, or is button up or polo perfect acceptable?

1. The 3 MDR are basically the same

2. I know the midship dining rooms (Deck 5 Juneau & Deck 6 Skagway) have windows on both sides. No idea about Ketchikan (Deck 6 aft).  My favorite spot is Juneau tables 213-215, near enough to look out the window but never lucky enough to get the actual window

3. Absolutely! Just ask the head waiter

4. Ok. Now you're getting a little tricky. Deck 5 Juneau probably but not at prime dining times. So you're being seated at 5 or after 7:30 as you're a larger group. It's easier for me bc I'm a solo and pre-order so fast.  And definitely not in Skagway -- that seems to be more crowded. I've heard it's also possible in Ketchikan but I don't eat there -- 

5. Button up is common for US based cruises. Europeans and Asians are more formal (add tie & perhaps jacket). But you'll be seated in a button up there too

But hey, this is just my personal experience  ... yours may / will differ

8 hours ago, Ombud said:

No idea about Ketchikan (Deck 6 aft). 

We had a nice time in Ketchikan last time except for one night we were in the middle of the floor and there was a lot of vibration from the engines/propeller shafts which seemed to be under us. On our first cruise we were in one of the middle rooms. I think it was the one with the flexible dining and we had some challenges getting the same table for our party of 6 and near the window. I think we had it maybe 5 five nights out of 7. You don't have to wear a tie although I did with no coat and khaki pants.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Add the others as companions using their booking numbers. Once that is done you can make reservations for the group. Been there, done that.

• Like 1