The Band

Lustate

10 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

We have personalized bands and even got the purple cord to replace the red with for being Sea Blazers. 

we love our Sea Blazer bands and hope they keep them on in the new reward program. Different colours you can collect and work through. 

• Like 1

The likely reason for not making the bands reusable is the unpredictable nature of battery life.  Rather than having the band fail (and as Murphy's Law corollary states at the worst possible moment), management chose to make them disposable.  It just wouldn't do to be sitting poolside and the server can't find you, or worse being locked out of your room and having to run down to Sailor Services in less than full attire. 

Edited by martylouie
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, martylouie said:

The likely reason for not making the bands reusable is the unpredictable nature of battery life.  

Now someone might know better than me, but I think they do not have a battery anymore. I think they took them out and now it's like the NFC chip on your contactless credit cards. The ship locates you by your mobile phone for things like Ship Eats and Shake for Champaign as that does have blue tooth active when using the app and they know which wifi transponder you're near. 

• Like 2